very emotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very emotional very emotional

Unread 04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
very emotional

I have five days till my hysterectomy, I thought I was doing well but I'm so anxiety ridden and emotional today. I want my husband there so badly but due to his court preceding he won't be. We tried to get it pushed out but the court said no. My mom will be there but she will be with my two kids at the hotel. I just want this to be over with. This is my last weekens with my uterus on the plus side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Re: very emotional

Sorry to hear that your husband wont be able to be with you. I also seem to be getting more emotional the closer my surgery date gets. You'll be on the other side of this soon and focused on your healing, hang in there. (((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))
Unread 04-19-2013, 05:51 PM

If this helps, apart from having someone sitting with me in the waiting room (which I didn't). It all went pretty quickly after that, I don't think I would have noticed or cared whether they was a pink elephant sat beside me after the op! They pump you full of morphine and I was high as a kite. My visitor that day said I was quite funny but I cannot remember it. Kind of wished she hadn't seen that and she wont tell me what i said except it was very funny. There is a thread on here somewhere about all the funny things people said and did after their ops. Have a read, it might give you some comfort knowing that nobody is there to remind you what you did and if not it will at least make you chuckle. I hope it all goes well, the thought of it is much worse than reality but that is much easier to say on the 'other side'. Try not to worry to much, I know its hard not too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Thank you ladies. It's just hard for me, I had an anxiety disorder so all these feelings get multiplied
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Waiting really is the hardest part. It will all be ok. I am hoping your mom will be there to help with the kids for a while web you get home? Wishing you a peaceful 5 days- try to so something nice for yourself in these next few days- even if it's a little something. See you on the other side- you'll be there and on the path to healing before you know it.
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM

I'm so sorry you're struggling with anxiety, I felt myself go ice cold just talking to my doctor about surgery and I'm a nurse, your post caught my eye and I just wanted to send you a hug and a prayer!
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:40 PM
very emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen5 View Post
Waiting really is the hardest part. It will all be ok. I am hoping your mom will be there to help with the kids for a while web you get home? Wishing you a peaceful 5 days- try to so something nice for yourself in these next few days- even if it's a little something. See you on the other side- you'll be there and on the path to healing before you know it.
My mom will be in.Charleston from Tuesday to Saturday, then its up to my husband to help me. His court is over Thursday so then he's coming to join us. I don't have the money to do anything nice for myself so ill just have to go to my mind place to get away.
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM
very emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkgarcia86 View Post
My mom will be in.Charleston from Tuesday to Saturday, then its up to my husband to help me. His court is over Thursday so then he's coming to join us. I don't have the money to do anything nice for myself so ill just have to go to my mind place to get away.
Sounds like you will at least have some support there which is good. In terms of doing something nice for yourself, maybe try a relaxing bath, pamper yourself and doing things like shaving and toe nails, it'll be a little while before you will be able to comfortably do them again. Also have you looked at the pre-op tips on here? There are some good suggestions to make it run smoothly, like putting meals in the freezer, setting up some comfy zones in the house with everything near by. This might help you take your mind off it a bit. I know it kept me occupied for a while. I rearranged the kitchen so that I could reach the easy stuff to do. I set up a chair by the washer so I could put the washing in piece by piece, found my most comfortable loose fitting clothes to wear, moved stuff around in the shower so I didn't have to bend, that sort of thing. I went to the store and bought loads of reduced priced movies - the simpler the better as had brain fog for a couple of weeks and found it hard to concentrate. I am not sure if this helps but it might occupy you for a while if you haven't already done these things.
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:59 AM
very emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach123 View Post
Sounds like you will at least have some support there which is good. In terms of doing something nice for yourself, maybe try a relaxing bath, pamper yourself and doing things like shaving and tope nails, it'll be a little while before you will be able to comfortably do them again. Also have you looked at the pre-op tips on here? There are some good suggestions to make it run smoothly, like putting meals in the freezer, setting up some comfy zones in the house with everything near by. This might help you take your mind off it a bit. I know it kept me occupied for a while. I rearranged the kitchen so that I could reach the easy stuff to do. I set up a chair by the washer so I could put the washing in piece by piece, found my most comfortable loose fitting clothes to wear, moved stuff around in the shower so I didn't have to bend, that sort of thing. I went to the store and bought loads of reduced priced movies - the simpler the better as had brain fog for a couple of weeks and found it hard to concentrate. I am not sure if this helps but it might occupy you for a while if you haven't already done these things.
I got lucky to be blessed with a husband who loves to cook. I've been vacuuming, doing dishes, cleaning as much as possible and of course laundry. Not exactly fun, haha, but necessary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register