Back from the castle - wearing my tiara proudly! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from the castle - wearing my tiara proudly! Back from the castle - wearing my tiara proudly!

Unread 07-08-2001, 08:33 AM
Back from the castle - wearing my tiara proudly!

Hi ladies! I had my TAH on 7/5/01 and came home yesterday 7/7/01! I am so surprised at how fast my recovery has gone so far! My family was shocked to hear I was coming home so soon! I'm still feeling tired and am taking lots of pain meds, but it feels great to be in my own home again. I would like to thank all of my "sisters" for your information, support, prayers and good wishes. Things went just fine with the surgery. My doctor was able to remove my cervix (this was questionable because my uterus was pulled askew by the large fibroid on the outside) and he left my ovaries in (said they looked great). Well, I better get going for now. The "pillow police" are bugging me to get back to bed! Talk to you soon! Thanks again!

Connie
TAH - 7/5/01 - at home and resting comfortably
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2001, 08:38 AM

Connie

Welcome home

Your spirits sound so wonderful...I'm so happy to hear that everything went well.

Please do let us know over in post-op how you are doing, when you are feeling up to it.

s
Unread 07-08-2001, 07:54 PM

Welcome Home Connie!!
Wow.....
Surgery Thursday and home Saturday!!
That is terrific! I went in on a Thursday as well and I didn't get out until the following Tuesday! You must be a wonderful healer!
Do take care, get lots of rest and fluids!!
Keep up the great recovery princess!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2001, 08:19 PM

I also went in for a TAH on July 5th and came home on the 7th. They said I could stay one more day, but I really wanted to go home. Wanted to be in my own space. Everything is going well. Nothing hurts too badly. Still have lots of gas and haven't had a bowel movement yet. Had a small one before I left castle, thanks to suppositories I was given. Anxious for the next one to occur. But other than that I'm feeling fine. I think that having lived for almost 10 years now with so many problems due to multiple fibroids, bleeding, pain, etc., and having already been through a myomectomy helped prepare me. It also helped to have done a lot of reading and internet research beforehand, as well as to read the stories and comments from so many other women on this site. I went in knowing that I was as prepared as I could be and that I knew what to expect and I also didn't feel alone. It helped to have had a wonderful doctor, and new hospital and excellent staff. My previous stay in a hospital in Nevada for a myomectomy and emergency c-section for my 5 year old was not a pleasant one. I was alone and far away from all of my family, and the county hospital I was rushed to because of the NICU there was a nightmare come true. And the staff was awful, so mean and rude. It made it all so much worse than it had to be. Then my child was in the NICU there for 3 months, so I had to tolerate this environment for a long time. It really soured me on hospitals. I expected the same this time, but to my surprise it was the complete opposite --- wonderful in every way. I'm feeling really grateful and blessed. And glad to have finally gotten this procedure accomplished. Welcome home. Take it easy.
Unread 07-10-2001, 09:01 AM

WECOME HOME, i'AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL. IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER WHEN I READ THE GOOD STORYS ON HERE. I WILL HAVE A HYS ON JULY 18, SO YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL A LITTLE HOPE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOU REST ALOT.....

MISSY
Unread 07-10-2001, 09:50 AM

Welcome Home Connie & Jillian. Sounds like you both had a smooth crossing to the other side.

Now that you're home, be good princesses and remember to , for recovery and to plenty of water and juices.

I'll be looking forward to reading your stories.
Unread 07-10-2001, 01:08 PM

You must be sooooooooooo relieved for it to be over. I'm scheduled for the 31st. and more than anxious. Congratulations on the quick exit! Take care and I'm so glad for this site!
Penny
Unread 07-10-2001, 04:07 PM
home

Had my surgery on the 6th and came home on the 9th. Just taking it easy husband is a big help. Pain wasn't too bad have just been taking tylenol since the day after surgery. Gotta go rest talk later..
Unread 07-10-2001, 04:22 PM
Hi

Hi Connie,

Boy was it refreshing to read your post!!!!! I am due to to in on Aug 6th and I have so much fear but thanks to you you have lifted my spirits.

Take it easy and know you are in our thoughts!

Lisa
Unread 07-10-2001, 04:54 PM

Welcome home Connie and Jillian. Your crowns look beautiful. Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are doing. Remember to rest rest rest and rest some more.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register