I think I am getting sick!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I am getting sick!! I think I am getting sick!!

Unread 04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I think I am getting sick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace2006
Please keep me posted on how your surgery goes and how you are feeling the day of surgery. Is your surgery date April 18th? I have been taking vitamins and because I am so fatigued it is easy to stay on the couch and catch many naps!! I really think I got sick from all the worrying about when my surgery was going to be and all the pre-planning and training people to take over my job (just like you had to do.) If you don't mind me asking, what type of surgery are you having? And why are you having it?
I totally agree about stressing ourselves into sickness! I took a two-hour nap, had my SuperFood and some healthy stuff to eat and feel much better already, so hopefully a lot of it is just psychological. I'm trying not to beat myself up about not having anything done as all it does is make me feel worse, and I certainly don't need the extra stress. I'm having a TAH/LSO for endometriosis and possible adenomyosis. I had an RSO in '01 due to a 10cm cyst that was found on an ultrasound; they thought it was a mucinous cystadenoma, but when they got in they found Stage 4 endo and a ton of scar tissue. I went through Lupron, addback, BCPs and basically almost 5 years of unnecessary hell before I finally switched doctors because mine was too nervous about attempting a hysterectomy due to all the scar tissue. My new doctor is confident everything will be fine and can't believe everything I was put through for so long, but being here I have read so many stories that are SO much worse than mine it makes me very grateful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was lucky enough to have a child and many women here have never been able to; I'm 45 and there's women here in their twenties...One of the best things about this site is knowing you're not alone.

Thanks so much for your reply. I will definitely pop in before I head to the castle and post a 'goodbye/wish me luck' post and then a 'I'm back and I made it' post when I'm out. EVERYONE here is so wonderful! Take care of yourself and see you soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 09:01 AM

My surgery is tomorrow, but last weekend I was miserable. Last Monday I went in to the dr and told him that I had one week to get better so let's get with it. He agreed and gave me a z pack. Then mid-week, my oldest son got mono! I was scared to death that I was going to get it, but so far so good. I am sooooo glad that I went last Monday to the dr though. i think if I hadn't then I may not be having surgery tomorrow. Good luck, and I pray that you will be better by surgery.
Unread 04-17-2006, 10:30 AM

Hey there Peace - I'm in on the 24th too. This is just too much - I was going to post a thread about getting sick too! I must have eaten something bad on Friday, because I was throwing up on Saturday. Then was very weak and feverish on Sunday. Went to Easter brunch anyway, but was in bed by 5:30, and slept the whole night. Today is a little better. To top it all off - Aunt FLOW has decided to rear her ugly head. Now I know why I'm doing the whole hyst thing. The cramps and bloating are a real kicker. Well, hopefully by Monday things will be back to normal. Good luck on your 24th date and try to stay clear of all the stuff. Just to make your day - it's snowing real hard right now in Salt Lake!
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:20 AM

The nurse I talked to said they would cancel if I had a cold because it can develop into pneumonia easily after surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register