confused, angry, and ready to cancel surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

confused, angry, and ready to cancel surgery confused, angry, and ready to cancel surgery

Unread 08-25-2001, 10:45 AM
Hi Dawn

I agree with Tracie. STOP and get another doctor!! You need to feel secure in this decision. It is not something to do hastily unless you are in danger. Don't let this doctor "bully" you into surgery without finding out all the details!
Ask your friends for the name of their ob/gyns. Maybe they can give you someone that will care a little more about you as a person.
After this is all done, make sure that you call your doctors office and tell them that you felt that you were treated poorly. Maybe it will save someone else from being treated as you have.
Best of luck and please let us know what you decide and how you are doing
nanasgirl aka Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2001, 05:32 PM
confused, angry, and ready to cancel surgery

Thanks All!!!!

I've tried to keep myself so busy I won't stress.... I think my house is the cleanest it's been since I moved in two years ago

I will Call the docs office on Monday and talk to Gaby...see what she has to say....one of you had said that the hospital here in fla had handled a lot of the pre- op maybe that's why I go to the hospital for lab work on the 28th?...still seems so strange to know that I won't see the surgen till the big day.....After thinking about it all day though I don't think I could put it off any longer even if I wanted to..... Way to much pain and bleeding....I've gotten to a point I don't even want to be around me anymore let alone family and friends..... :big cry:

Thanks so much for the advice and support... right now all I have is you all..

Dawn
Dtoolgrl@yahoo.com
Unread 08-25-2001, 05:46 PM

Dawn:

If the pain and bleeding are what's driving you, then I'd say keep on going forward, but make sure you understand why you're having the surgery. Sound to me like you probably do if you're as tired of bleeding to death as I was!!! Just make sure they answer all your questions.

My TVH was the best thing I've ever done (surgically speaking). I hope everything works out for you!!!!

Do try and make your surgeon see you as a person though...try and make a connection. Of course, I live in Salt Lake City, and with the Utah subculture, it's not that hard to find a connection, so I was able to do it. It's probably not so easy to do in a larger, more "diverse" place.

BEST OF LUCK!!!!
Unread 08-25-2001, 05:53 PM

Hi Dawn...

OK, I have to say that I agree with Tracie. These doctors work for you. Yes, I understand totally that you are tired of all the pain, and want this over with. However, I think you need to get another doctor. At the very least get another opinion. This surgeon is NOT giving you the respect and courtesy that you as a patient deserve.

Some people may feel satisfied with the big brush off you got, but I personally would not. There are MANY qualified, compassionate doctors in the world, and you need to find one of them. I would NOT let someone perform major life-altering surgery on me if they don't have the professional courtesy to answer my questions and take the time to deal with me as a fellow human.

This is just my opinon, but after many years of seeing MANY doctors, I think you owe it to yourself to find someone who will treat you with respect, answer your questions fully and patiently, and offer you some comfort.

PLEASE do this for yourself....you deserve the best. Don't settle for less..you don't have to!!!!

s

Karen
Unread 08-25-2001, 08:13 PM

'S

SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVEING THESE PROBLEMS.I WENT THREW THE SAME THING AS MY DR TOLD ME NOTHING BEFORE OR AFTER.HE DID TELL ME TO READ THE BOARDS ON THIS SITE THEY WOULD TELL ME FIRST HAND WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO EXPECT. I WAS RELEASED WITH NO MEDICATIONS,NO INSTRUCTIONS,AND REALLY HE CALLED OVER THE PHONW AND RELEASED ME AND SAID TO COME TO HIS OFFICE THE NEXT DAY TO TAKE OUT STAPLES.WHEN I WENT THERE HE STILL HAD NOTHING TO SAY EXCEPT I'LL SEE YOU IN EIGHT WEEKS.HE DOES ABOUT 5 OF THESE SURGERYS A WEEK.AND TELLS ALL PATIENTS THE SAME THING (NOTHING).WHEN I ASKED WHEN I COULD DRIVE HE SAID WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE DOING SOMETHING DO IT.YOUR BODY WILL TELL YOU IF IT IS RIGHT OR NOT.SO IF YOU REALLY NEED IT GIVE IT TO GOD AND HE WILL SEE YOU THREW THIS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register