oddly unemotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oddly unemotional oddly unemotional

Unread 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM
oddly unemotional

I see a lot post here about emotions on overdrive, before my procedure i used to cry at the drop of a hat almost. well not really that easily but it felt like it lol. I would cry at books and movies, even television shows or sad stories. Often i would describe it as hypersensitive.

However since the procedure rarely cry at emotional stuff, and if i do I feel numb, i don't know how to describe it, but since the procedure i guess i have felt emotionally numb. From one extreme to the next.

My hysterectomy wasn't associated with heavy periods or major gynecological problems (cervical cancer related).

Has anyone else experienced opposite emotions since their hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Re: oddly unemotional

Not opposite but no change. No increase and no decrease. I had both overlies removed. I am hoping this remains as is so that I don't have to take meds but we shall see.
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:16 AM

I was extremely emotional the first two weeks but since then I too have been numb. I went through a tough time moving away from family etc and the only time I cried was when I got to my new house in FL and it was a wreck. I feel like I'm broken sometimes emotionally and family took it personally I didn't cry when I moved away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2012, 07:42 PM

I did keep both ovaries Garden,. in some ways i don't mind the lack of over emotion it just surprises me, and confuses me a little.

decorator it couldn't have been easy moving away from your family. especially just after surgery, i hope you took it really easy and let everyone else do the work
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:27 PM

I had my surgery in January. Kept one ovary and have been on HRT. I go through phases where nothing bothers me. Sort of like my "give a ****" is busted. . It's like a detached feeling. I notice it comes on when I should have had my period prior to surgery. It's a nice change to just watch the world go by.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register