What was your age at time of hysterectomy? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What was your age at time of hysterectomy? What was your age at time of hysterectomy?

Unread 10-05-2006, 06:59 AM
What was your age at time of hysterectomy?

I am 42 and went in for a few minor outpatient surgeries. When they got in there everything was so bad they took it all. I guess I had severe endometriosis, adhesions, large cysts yada yada yada.
Hopefully on the road to recovery after a shocking surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 08:31 AM

im 44, i had cysist on left ovary taken 2004, very heavy bleeding,through out my younger years and now the tah-rso on the 13th sep glad it all over
and now my life starts.
Unread 10-05-2006, 08:49 AM

I'm 50 years old.... (ouch, that hurt to type.. lol)... Never had any pain or spotting in my life due to periods.........One day noticed a little something extra.. ...turned out to be my "uterus", the prolapse caused problems, also had fibroids and anemia.......... had a TAH, kept ovaries.... 6 weeks ago.

Gen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2006, 10:13 AM

TAH at 39 (was originally scheduled at 35, they were able to do myomectomy and save uterus, but the fibroids grew back quickly and just as large!)
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM
TAH, appendectomy, vertical incision, symptoms started with urine retention

I was 22 at the time of operation and still am. Had 1 ovary removed in July with a cyst the size of a large grapefruit. Then had a TAH 4 weeks ago due to the discovery that i had synchronus ovarian and endometrial cancer (what a mouthful)! Its still sinking in really. Luckily the surgery did the job, just been put on hrt. Won't be able to have children which is upsetting but at least i'm cancer free now

TAH, lymphectomy, appendectomy, vertical incision, symptoms started with urine retention
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:44 AM

I was/am 32, had a TAH/BSO due to endo., cysts and painful long periods. So looking forward to a pain free life!!
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Oh, Poddy, Im sorry to hear about the Cancer! I am very happy to hear that you are Cancer free now, though!
Unread 10-05-2006, 11:30 AM

Poddy, so sorry about the cancer and no children. You have my condolences, but at least they got the cancer! I have 2 adopted children, none biologically, so I know there's hope if you will consider it later on. Right now, I'm sure the shock of what you've been through is taking its toll. Best wishes!! Take care of yourself.
Unread 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM

I am 38 and am 1 week after my hyst. I feel great and can't wait to resume a healthy lifestyle again. I walk daily and do pilates 3 x a week, but have not been able to due to my feeling sick for approx. 6 months. I can't wait to go for my regular 3 mile walk. I miss that the most while I lay around and recover...
Have a great day!
Unread 10-05-2006, 11:59 AM

I was 26. I had mine done because of bleeding that was getting heavier and more painful, cycles that were getting closer and closer, and spotting almost continuously between periods. Also, 3 ultrasounds showed either a cyst on my ovary or my fallopian tube beginning to get enlarged. So, we thought we would check on that while we were in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register