CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

Unread 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

I will remember 2008 as the year I had to have an abdominal hernia repair due to several past failed hysterectomy alternatives and laparoscopies and dealing with endometriosis pain for several years, December 4, 2008 was the day I finally got my total hysterectomy with ovary removal due to severe abnormal cysts. I am looking forward to better days ahead!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

I will remember as the year Oklahoma was still recovering from it's second major ice storm in 11 months, the year of personal stress in my job, with my house--my insurance company used poor communication--basically none--to tell me that a massive elm tree in my backyard--probably about 70 years old, was too close to my garage for their comfort--in fact, the inspector who came to my house to see if I qualified for a less costly insurance package did not bother to tell me he was even at my house, although i was home at the time. He took bogus pictures, claiming a telephone line that had been draped across a doorway by a previous owner (who also removed the casing around the door) was a live wire, and then took pictures of the tree limb at an angle to make it appear it was threatening the roof of the house. It was not until my deposit was returned that I even thought--hmmmm? as I also recieved confirmation of acceptance at the same time. It would take much work with the local agent, and two men in their 70's with back problems--despite my protests--who cut the limb down for me, and months of sick to my stomach and anxiety to keep my insurance so I wouldn't lose my mortgage.

On top of that, a flea problem that had been lying dormant in the house from the previous owners cat finally overwhelmed me enough to spend a few 100 to get rid of them.

And then right after that, the same house developed a mold problem in the back bedroom. I was told by a restoration company that it would cost me at least $6,000 - $10,000 for them to clean everything up for me. Needless to say, I said Thanks but no thanks and spent weeks moping the floors, the walls, and the clothes in the most heavily affected areas. I then repainted the entire bedroom and am currently in the process of painting the closet doors and cabinets in that bedroom (I've posted the paintings in the photo section).

I had hoped to have a tub put in this year, but that was too cost prohibitive as well, and what with all the other problems that have cropped up, I just couldn't focus on it.

Hmm, with all that I was putting up with, could it be the reason I started to develop a throbbing behind my eyeball?
Unread 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM

I will remember 2008 as the year I moved away from paradise (Hawaii) but moved toward true paradise (being pain free!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM

I will remember it as being the best pain free year I have had in a very long time. Had hysterectomy in Dec. 2007 so that meant all of 2008 was totally pain free. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM

I will remember 2008 as the best and the worst year of my life.
The worst - scared about the possibilities of what might be, the surgery, the rough first four or five weeks of recovery, and surgical menopause.
The best - a good result and a very real reminder that life needs to be lived fully each and every day - never take anything for granted, say "I love you", forgive others and really mean it, and be all there in the moments!
Unread 01-15-2009, 12:54 AM

I will remember 2008 as the year that I was so lucky my cancer was caught so early, as the year I realized how much my DH truely loves me, as the year that kept me alive to rais my children. Everything will be fine in 2009!
Unread 01-15-2009, 07:28 AM

I will remember 2008 as a year that changed me. I watched and cared for a dear friend of mine who lost a short battle with colon cancer. I realized at that point, I had better be ready. I have tried to be a nicer person and offer help as often as I can. I also realized life was too short to feel terrible everyday so I decided to go ahead with my hysterectomy. As the year came to a close, I was a fresh post op and I was humbled by the love of all of my friends, my husband, daughter or I didn't have to worry about a meal for 2 weeks because of all of my friends taking time and cooking for us. I learned some serious life lessons in 2008.
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Lightbulb - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! 2008 the open gate of my diagnosis!

Well for me 2008 was the open gate of my diagnosis. It took ten years to figure out what was wrong with me. Finally 2008 was my year of discovery and the last year of pain and misery. I will be so appreciative of 2008 - a long duration to discovery.
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Thumbs up - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! 2008 a date with God & a renewed marriage!

In 2008 my husband and I discoverd God and how to have a godly marriage. We dedicated our marriage to the Lord. We are devoted to living as God wants us to as a godly husband and a godly wife.

Its GREAT
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Talking - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! 2008 Hystersisters Discovery

I found hystersisters in December. This site has saved me emotionally. It has helped me and my husband and my pre-post op.

Thank You HysterSisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register