Tomorrow is the BIG DAY 1 more question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY  1 more question Tomorrow is the BIG DAY 1 more question

Unread 10-30-2001, 02:50 PM
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY 1 more question

Hi,
Well tomorrow 10/31/01 is my big day. I am supose to check into the Castle at 5:30 Am for my 7:15 Am surgery. I have done all the pre-registration stuff. I will be having a LAVH/BSO with A&P repair and sling. I am more nervous about the A&P repair and sling than I am about the hysterectomy. I don't know why
that part has be so scared. Thanks to this site and all of you and your wonderful help and information I have my house ready and
have packed everything I need.
I do have one last question. I live about 40 minutes from the hospital, will I need a soft pillow or a do-nut pillow to sit on for the
ride home. Dr says I will be sent home with the cathater for a while and my have external stitches between the vagina opening
and rectum (OUCH!). Any other last minutes advise or suggestions for the A&P repair would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you again for all of your information and support. Best wishes to all of you ladies in waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2001, 03:00 PM
good luck!

I have no advice, as I am way behind you,, I should have a date set after Friday. But I wanted to say good luck,,, it will all go wonderfully! Just think how wonderful you will feel after you recover, and all the pain in the neck problems that lead you to this point are thing of the past! I will be looking forward to you being back online and wise with experience and suggestions!

Staci
Unread 10-30-2001, 03:07 PM
best wishes

Having had just a plain old TVH/BSO, I can't help with your specific questions...but just wanted to send a . I am sure you will have a story to tell!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2001, 03:36 PM
Thank You

Staci and Linda-jean,
Thank you for your reply and good wishes. I'm so glad that I
will be on the other side by this time tomorrow.
Thanks again for your support .

God BLess,
Unread 10-30-2001, 06:25 PM

Hi Jean Pam

Take the pillow !!! You will be so glad you did !!

Best of luck to you on your special day !
Unread 10-30-2001, 06:52 PM

Good luck to you! Please post a note when you get back.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 6th (one week from today). And I am SO scared. I have to have a total...meaning ovaries also. Supposedly I will be in the hospital for 4 days. I called the dr today, wanted to really see if he could tell me how I would feel. I want to feel good after the surgery, get up...walk around, eat, etc. Is there anyone who felt good the day of surgery or am I being overly optomistic? I'm not good at being sick. Have had horrible endio pain for several years and can't wait to get this done!!

I'm scared as can be....
Unread 10-30-2001, 07:12 PM

Hi Laura !

I know how nervous you are. I have been there and it is a terrible feeling.

Depending on your anesthesia choice, you will be pretty much out of it the day of surgery. I had a TAH/Burch with a general anesthesia. Pain should be controlled, but you will just be so drowsy and "out of it". It will get better everyday.

Hang in there and think positive thoughts and stay busy !

Best wishes to you.
Unread 10-30-2001, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement!! I am glad that I found this site, I feel like I will be spending some time here while I am out (from work) for my 3 weeks. One week from today and the worst will be far behind me!
Unread 10-30-2001, 08:46 PM

Laura,

Are you having your hysterectomy abdominally or vaginal? As I'm sure you know, everyone is different but I had a vaginal hyst. and I did feel pretty good the day of surgery. I was a little groggy from the anesthesia and a little weak, probably from not eating but I was up and moving almost immediatley after I came out of recovery. SLOWLY, but still up and moving.

You sound so positive and that is a great thing. Just don't get your hopes up too high as a disappointment might hinder you progress. Good luck and keep the great attitude, it really helps.
Unread 10-31-2001, 02:27 AM

Hi Jea-Pam-- The A&P repair discomfort was what was most noticable to me apon waking up in recovery. The first 5 days was the worst and it does get better. Definantly have hubby get a doughnut for you or a very fluffy soft pillow. Your doctors should be able to give you the pain meds you need to be comfortable with this both in and out of the hospital. Make sure you ask for asitz bath thingie and/or one of those perineal bottle things. The warm water will feel good, help heal, and help you go pee to.
The cathater is no big deal, you just don't have to get up and keep going potty. If you need any help or have any questions when you get home please email me or IM me and I will be more than glad to try to help you with yourquestions. Sitting bolt upright is a big NO No! I tried to lay with my feet up on the sofa, anything to keep pressure off the bum! Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register