The first time you had sex after your Hyst?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The first time you had sex after your Hyst?? The first time you had sex after your Hyst??

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
The first time you had sex after your Hyst??

Did it hurt? You see my doc has given me the all clear to have sex in a few days. Only I am really scared.. So I just want to see who found it painful the first time?? And who didnt?? and did you bleed afterwards? and if it did hurt was it better the second time? (sorry I know these are of a personal matter) I just want to prepare myself for what could happen..

Vicki xx oo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Hi there KP,
I will admit the first time was kinda sore and I was also scared so that might have made it a little worse. I did spot after but just the first time I went to the bathroom, just a couple of spots on the paper was all. The second time was some better but still kinda sore. I think it took us about a month before it was back to normal. One hint would be use some lube the first few times, my system wasn't quite back to doing it on it's own so it did help. Just remember to take it slow and if it starts to hurt then stop. Hope this helps you some. Take care.
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:56 AM

hi for us, we "tried" at almost 4 weeks, but it felt odd, again at 6 weeks and it was almost back to normal! I didn't feel any pain, just some pressure in the abdomen, and very light bleeding, like red brown, not enough for a pad. Just go easy, and have fun! We're having loads of fun getting back to normal, and he can feel where I don't have a cervix now lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 04:11 AM

Hi Vicki,

First time we just took things slowly and used lots of lube although for some reason my hormones were racing more than they had in years. LOL and lubrication wasn't an issue but we aired on the side of caution. I was a little sore the first few times or so and yes hubby notices the cervix gone but otherwise thinsg are great.

Take care.....Karen

* Hi freswench guess where I'll be in July?
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:30 AM

Plan a "honeymoon" and take it slow and easy. There may be a little pain and some spotting, but it gets better with time. Relax and enjoy being close and things will work out fine.
Unread 04-21-2007, 06:30 AM

I didn't have any bleeding with our first attempt. It was fairly uncomfortable and I felt swollen the next couple of days...but it has gotten better (and worse - but because of other issues). There is no harm in waiting a couple of more days or weeks. Dh/SO may feel like it (that there is harm being done ), but really...if you need some more time, that's your right.
Unread 04-21-2007, 07:01 AM

I was cleared at 2 weeks.
We waited just a few more days (hubby was eager but worried).
I was a little sore, my cervix was still tender, but he was very careful.
No spotting immediately after, but I did have just a touch of pink the next day. Just a little drop and then nothing.

The next time (a week later) there was no problems at all.

I've seen many sisters tell us that their doctors even recommended they try on top the first time for better control and to avoid tender incision sites.

Remember, each person heals at a different pace and each case is unique.
What works for one woman may not work for you.
Make sure to discuss your concerns with your husband.
Men are pretty good at knowing how the playground is laid out and can adjust accordingly to avoid painful areas.
Take it slow and easy.
If it hurts then stop.
Don't let it get to you, don't stress over it.
Things will be ok or improve.
If not, call the doctor and see what is going on.

Good luck
Unread 04-21-2007, 08:51 AM

Well I guess that I was the odd one here. I was cleared at 4 weeks and could not wait. Hubby was a bit apprehensive but we went for it. We had candles and music it was wonderful. Now as for the act itself. It was wonderful we took things slow but all was great. I had NO pain at all and not a bit of bleeding, spottind, or discharge of any kind. We were both totally surprised at how well it went. It was almost like the first time we had ever made love together. I suggest you just relax, have you lube incase it is needed (I did not) and take your time it is not a race. I hope this helps.
Unread 04-21-2007, 09:05 AM

Women report a variety of experiences with that "first time after," I notice. I didn't have any pain or bleeding. I was still a bit swollen, but I was just so curious to know if my equipment still worked! Well, it did. Hubby says it feels no different to him at all.
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:03 AM

kiwipinky
I had lap hist and at 5 weeks post op Ihad sex and it was great!!
My appetite has increased tremendously and it has been great. I think is alot to do with not taking birth control. thats for me anyway. I think if you had a vaginal hist it may make some difference. Anyway I feel like a new woman and im enjoying every minute!!!!!!!!!
Good luck and just relax.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register