Pain 18 mths post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain 18 mths post-op? Pain 18 mths post-op?

Unread 12-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Pain 18 mths post-op?

Hi
I had my hyst (laparoscopic vaginal) in May 2010, I kept both ovaries but one was later removed. I've had a procedure on my left kidney since, a revision to scarring at the top of the vagina (poss 2? I really can't remember, I know how that sounds but I've had maybe 10 or 11 surgeries over the last 3 years. I had a partial vaginectomy and partial cervicectomy prior to my hyst) and 2 procedures for 3 incisional and 1 inguinal hernia (last was about 3 months ago). The reason for all of these (plus more) was severe endometriosis. What I'm experiencing now is basically not a single day where something doesn't hurt- my lower back hurts a lot, i ache after sex, I have an area at the top of the vagina which feels kind of nervy and makes me nauseaous to touch, my tummy hurts at various times, my bowels feel disrupted a lot of the time, I get aching around my bladder, I feel like I just can't forget about anything in my abdomen; you know how like your arm is just there and you're aware of it but nothing more? There's just always something going on down there- is this just me or does anyone else get the same thing? Does it all stop after time? I'm going back for a follow-up soon with my gynae and I'm seeing my urologist in a few months and my general surgeon around the same time so obviously I will discuss this with them then, I'm just looking for some reasssurance and advice really. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Re: Pain 18 mths post-op?

I'm not a doctor so I cannot give you any medical advise but I do empathize for you. It will be two years this February that I had my abdominal hysterectomy and it did take over 18 mths for me to feel normal again. They left my ovaries. This summer I started with pain again after finally feeling normal and it turns out I have growths again and I'm having surgery on the 6th of January to have my ovaries removed. I do know with each surgery there is scar tissue and that is painful in the healing process. You probably have a lot of scar tissue from your various surgeries. When I started having pain with sex again after my surgery and this was a while after the healing, I knew something wasn't right. They had me go in for a follow up MRI which showed the growths and the reasons for why sex is painful for me. If it has been 18 mths and you are still in a lot of pain to the point even with sex it hurts, I would suggest to your doctor that you would like a follow up MRI or other test just to make sure there are no growths or cysts that could be causing you this pain. If everything comes back normal then you know it is most likely the scar tissue healing and if it is healing then know in time it will get better. If they find cysts or growths at least you will know and can get that taken care of so that you can get back to a normal life. I'm so tired of being in pain all the time, I do not want this surgery as it is also exploratory but I have to stay positive that this will be a step forward to recovery to eventually having no pain. Keep us posted on your prognosis and my thoughts are with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register