Endometriosis returned?? - 8 mths post op LSH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometriosis returned?? - 8 mths post op LSH Endometriosis returned?? - 8 mths post op LSH

Unread 11-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Endometriosis returned?? - 8 mths post op LSH

I am approx 8 1/2 months post-op from having LSH at the young age of 26 (now 27) due to severe endometriosis pain/problems. I don't regret having the surgery, because God has blessed up with a precious little boy 3 years ago and we'd only wanted one child anyway. Well, for about the past month, I've started having that familar pain again...endo returning? I've called my doctor and he said that he wanted to see me and that we could discuss my options. From that statement he made, I gather he pretty much feels that it's returned as well. My question is, what other options are there for me?? I tried the Lupron injections, didn't work; couldn't take birth-control due to blood pressure problems; had surgery to burn off endo, but didn't get it all; then finally had hysterectomy and felt 100% better immediately following. I've been doing great up until now. The only part I have left, is my cervix and I'm guessing he didn't think it was affected and therefore didn't feel we should remove it. I keep wondering if he'll want to remove it now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2005, 03:26 PM

I, too, have endo, but I had a LAVH, so I have no cervix. Often if you have endo, your cervix is removed, but I can not say that your dr will choose to do this in your case. Actually, endo doesn't "return" per se, it was probably always there, but so microscopic it could not be seen, so it could not be treated. Now it may be visible.

I understand how you feel about the pain returning. Mine is on the right side. The only way to treat my endo would be a lap, and my dr and I do not feel that is in my best interest at this time. The pain is tolerable, we are watching and waiting.

Have you searched through the Endo/Adeno Stories to see what other ladies have done with regard to their endo?

Best wishes with your dr's appt. I hope he has some miraculous answers for you! Then you can share them with me!
Unread 11-28-2005, 04:17 PM

I'm only 5 months post op TAH, but my pain returned about 2 months after surgery. My doctor is convinced that it is the endo back and I had everything removed including my cervix.
I wanted to reply to tell you about an option that you may not of heard about for treating endo. Drugs like Femara and Arimidex that are used in treating breast cancer also can help endo too. It works by preventing the estrogen in your body from reaching the endo and also stops the endo from producing estrogen itself. Even if your not on estrogen supplements if there is any endo left it can produce it's own estrogen. These drugs have helped many people with there pain and sometimes eliminated the endo totally. Doctors are saying this could "be the cure for endo." It is better than lupron because you can stay on it as long as you need to.
Unfortunately I was not able to take this because the pills may me so dizzy I couldn't drive or do anything. However, a lot of people take them and have very little side effects. This would be worth mentioning to your doctor. It's a better alternative then surgery. Best of wishes!
Leisha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register