Time to pee | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Time to pee

Okay... give me all your go pee pee tips. My doc ok'd removing the catheter today since my bladder seemed to be spasming so much this afternoon anyway. We just figured it was time to come out.

It's still early and I HAVE been able to pee... but it was only once I climbed in the shower and had a good cry.

I really do NOT want to have this thing put back in at the local ER and have to keep it for longer. I am so excited to get the thing out... I just think my bladder is tempermental.

So, what are/were your tricks to go and keep going after that?

Anyone else been here and have some encouragement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Time to pee

I didn't come home with the cath but I did have bladder issues after surgery.

One thing that helped me was cranberry juice. It flushed things out and got me going. I still have the spasms but not nearly as bad unless I hold it too long then it hurts like heck for a bit.
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Time to pee

I came home with foley cath in and was instructed how to cut the part to deflate the balloon holding it in 5days after surgery for tvh and a&p. The nurse in the hospital told me to not stress over urinating on my own or for sure I would not be able to (easy for her to say as I dreaded having to be re-cathed!) just drink water and maybe something with caffine in like coffee. plus you already had good results in the shower and the nurse had told me that the shower usually does the trick. Good Luck, I know how stessfull it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Time to pee

I did not come home with the cath but I found for the first few days after having it out, that drinking water, juices and caffinated tea or coffee seemed to help trigger the response. I have no doubt the shower worked, as that is relaxing to muscles along with the sound of water running to trigger the pee reaction.
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Time to pee

Do the shower forsure, when I was potty training my kids someone told me to pour warm water between their legs?? Same idea maybe.

My best advice is for you to relax, I know easier said than done.
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Time to pee

Well that was fun... NOT!

I never was able to pee last night. I ended up in the local ER delirious from the pain. They re-cath'd me and let me come back home.

The good news... no urinary infection present and I finally have relief. The bad news... I still have this catheter in. I'll be talking with the urogynecologist sometime today and working on a plan for our next step.

The ER doc recommended bladder retraining prior to cath removal. So, we'll see what my uGYN says and go from there.

I wanted that cath out SO bad... sometimes God just needs to remind me to be grateful for the small things. At least I'm still able to poop and am still feeling better every day. Today I feel like I've been kicked in the gut with someone's steel-toed boots. But, I am sure that tomorrow I will be doing much better.

One step... one day... one moment... at a time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register