smoking and hrt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

smoking and hrt smoking and hrt

Unread 05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
smoking and hrt

Does anyone else smoke who is on hrt? My doctor prescribed .05 mg Climara for me. I smoke less than a pack a day, but scared. I haven't had a period for 2 years before surgery, so I was already started in menopause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 07:00 PM
smoking and hrt

I quit with my surgery for the same reason. I hope I never go back!
Unread 05-16-2008, 07:34 AM
smoking and hrt

I highly recommend that you quit. Smoking is a detreiment to your health, especially with taking this type of medication. I quit smoking 4 months ago, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it was so worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
smoking and hrt

I had lavh/bso on 4-24 and I smoke. My Dr. prescribed Climara .5 for me also but I haven't started it yet. I am afraid to because of the smoking. I really think I should quit before going on the Climara...but it is just so hard. I have lost 17 pounds (12 before the surgery and 5 after). I told my husband that Im freaking out because Im depriving my body of food, hormones and nicotine all at the same time!!!
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:19 AM
smoking and hrt

I so relate to how you feel about this. I quit smoking and went into instant menopaus in one day, and I am 40 lbs. overweight right now as well. Let me share with you though that I am very suprised that it is easier than I thought it would be. First, I used my hospitalization to quit smoking because I knew it was the best way for me to get through the first few days of Hell when quitting. I have been home one week and I thought it would be harder than this. I have two weeks without a cigarette on Sunday and believe me I am amazed because I didn't know if I would ever be able to quit or what it would take. I just can't get too emotional about things, and when I have felt upset I called someone and told them I wanted to smoke, which helped me delay and ultimately not have that first cigarette. Of course, I am worried about not having hormones but don't want to have to take them because they told me HRT could cause the endometriosis to grow again (that could be left that was growing into my muscle).

I am just taking it one day at a time for sure. In the fitness section there is a good quitting smoking topic if you scroll toward the bottom that I read this am. Good luck. It is a very difficult, but necessary thing for us to do. I just said a prayer that God will help deliver all of us struggling with this ugly addiction.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register