Will the Dr tell me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will the Dr tell me? Will the Dr tell me?

Unread 04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Will the Dr tell me?

I have not had a sonogram in about 3 months. I know things can change in there practically from day to day. 3 months ago I had several cyst on both ovaries and have had endometriosis for years. My surgery is June 15 and I am sure by my surgery date things will have changed even more. My question is this, will the Dr tell me what she found or will she just let me know if things went well? I mean logically I know things are a mess in there and I am really looking forward to the surgery. No more pain and severe bleeding YEA! But, there is a tiny part of me that thinks the Dr. will take everything out and say "You know it really didn't look so bad in there." and that it is all in my head. Does that sound crazy.

I am so glad i found you gals. I feel a real sisterhood with you all. Thanks so much for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I think that sometimes also!

I think maybe I THINK THAT so that maybe I can talk myself out of surgery !

I do think they will tell you the truth of the situation.
I have a laproscope years ago for a cyst and removal of endo and by the time they got in there the cyst was gone. They told me right after surgery.
Good luck!
Unread 04-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Will the Dr tell me?

The first time your DR sees you after surgery, when you are coherent s/he will most likely give you some idea what they found, but the details of the pathology report have to wait cause it takes some time for that to be completed, typed, to the DR, etc, unless there was something they needed to check out right away.

You can also request a copy of the pathology report so you can read it for yourself.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Will the Dr tell me?

I think I might ask for a report. I am so curious what's going on in there ya' know? Thanks so much for answering my post i really appreciate your support.
Unread 04-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Will the Dr tell me?

I am asking for a full report - and pictures too I want to know it all and see it all. It has made my life a living misery for years, I really want to know / see why...
Unread 04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Will the Dr tell me?

I gathered that it depends on the doctor. Getting specific info from my doctor is like pulling teeth. I guess the figures I didn't need to know. I finally got out of him that he took a lot of adhesions along with the ovaries this time. He did say that I should feel a lot better now that all that is gone.
Unread 04-08-2004, 07:06 AM
Will the Dr tell me?

My doctor, as well as the resident who assisted with my surgery, told me everything they found while I was still in the hospital. Of course I was pretty dopey on meds then and didn't have anything handy to take notes on. LOL
At my first post-op appointment, my doctor showed me my pathology report and explained what each item on it was. They found several cysts and tumors that due to either their location or still small size had not shown up on my ultraounds.
That made me very glad I had made a point at my pre-op to tell my doctor that I wanted him to be sure and take care of anything that didn't belong or had anything wrong with it as I did not want to have to have surgery again anytime soon.
And I feel very lucky that none of it turned out to be cancer.

I have asked lots of questions all along. Anytime there is something that I want to know, if my doctor doesn't mention it, I speak right up and ask.

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register