LAVH Surgery scheduled for Oct. 14, 2003 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH Surgery scheduled for Oct. 14, 2003 LAVH Surgery scheduled for Oct. 14, 2003

Unread 10-05-2003, 09:17 AM
LAVH Surgery scheduled for Oct. 14, 2003

I am a 27 year old who is set to have LAVH on Oct. 14, 2003. I have been experiencing chronic abdominal pain since I was 16 years of age. I have given brith two two boys in the last three years and each pregnancy was difficult. I suffered from abodominal pain, hyperemisis, and my last pregnancy there were chest pains that were left undiagnosed and unexplained. I had a tubal litigation after my last pregnancy and the pain has only worsened. What began with severe menstrual cramping and abnormal bleeding has now gone to severe uterin pain, lower back pain which pulsates all the way up to the back of my neck. No pain medication has helped, nothing to even help take the "edge" from the pain I have been suffreing. I have difficulty sleeping and walking.
My GYN two weeks ago had me sceduled for a laprooscopy, but my appointment on Oct 2, 2003 convinced him that my uterus needed to be removed and tested. The vaginal ultrasound that he was in the process of doing could not be completed because of the severe pain I am in. I believe that we are leaving my cervix in tact and I requested that my ovaries be left in as well. He said that he would clean my cervix and if any endo is present it would be cleaned out as well.
I have read a lot of your forums and have done a large amount of research on this topic as well and will most definitley be requesting my baseline hormome levels and bone denisty to be checked prior to surgery; which I am surprised that my GYN never suggested it, I am waiting for my pre op with my gyn, 10/07/03 and pre op with the hospital, 10/9/03. Your site has given me a lot to think about, I appreciate this site very much and if anyone has anything else to offer me, please fell free to respond. All is welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 10:30 AM

Sweetie, It sounds to me like you have done your homework and have come to the conclusion that a hyst will improve the quality of your life. Please continue to read here and post any questions or concerns you may have. It is a hard decision to make especially when you are so young. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and I hope you have a great recovery that leads to a pain-free life. God bless......

Emily
Unread 10-05-2003, 10:37 AM

Hi rayosunshyne,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you found HS and posted to introduce yourself. It sounds as if you've done alot of reading and research already, but one thing that I would like to ask is if you have had more than one opinion yet?

You are so very young to be facing a hysterectomy, and it would be terrible if you went through this major surgery only to still have pain. What types of tests have you had, other than the incomplete vaginal ultrasound? If you have not gotten a second, or even a third opinion, please think about it.

You probably have already found them, but if not, the Pre-Op Hints (click here) and the Post-Op Hints (click here) are full of great advice that will help you to prepare for your surgery and recovery.

Also, don’t forget to go back into your control panel and add your surgery date to your profile so you'll be on the calendar and will receive a special greeting from Hyster Sisters.

I hope you'll continue to read and to post any questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2003, 10:56 AM
My LAVH Surgery

Thank you for responding, I did not mention in my last post that I have gone through some heavy testing within the last 10 years. My GYN was going to test me after I gave birth to my first child, but it took me a while to recover due to delivery. He was a ten pound child and shortly after delivering him I was pregenat with my last child, who was also ten pounds at birth. Each one of the delivereies I had were vaginal, with no cesaeren assits.
I have had several opinions, including my family physician. I have had MRI's, CAT scans, more than one ultrasound (vaginal and normal abdominal), thyroid test, gall bladder test, x-rays, you name it I have had it done.
I know I am young, but this pain has controled much of my life, I would rather go through this with a surety that most of my pain will be gone. I can handle the abnormal bleeding, but the pain has caused not only myself, but my children and my realtionship to suffer. They do not deserve to see me in the pain that I have been experiencing.
I remember when I was 18 years old, being told that I may want to reconsider having children because my pregnancies would be difficult and may or not cause me or the child futre problems. I was told that I may not carry full term, which with my first I almost did not and that a hysterectomy would be the only option available to me. I carried two full term, extremely healthy boys and my body paid its dues. My age was an issue at 18 and currently is at 27. (I have had Three GYN's and that includes my present.)
My GYN does not really want to remove my uterus, but he also knows that the only way for him to detect adenmyosis is to remove the uterus. He also has seen me for the last two years and has watched my pain quickly progress and become severly aggressive. He says, "I want to control the pain right now, that is my concern. We can deal with the other issues in time."

You are kind and very considreate, I appreciate your concerns and respect them very much. Believe me, I have read other women's experiences and I am a little nervous, but I am also keeping faith that maybe my experience might be different. Each of you have given me a lot to think about and to consider.
Thank you very much!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register