Back from my Pre-Op! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from my Pre-Op! Back from my Pre-Op!

Unread 10-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Back from my Pre-Op!

Hi All!

SHEESH! My appt was at 3pm and I didnt get home until 7pm!

We (DH and I) got to the doctor's office and he took me in almost right away. We talked a little bit more about the procedure. We are definately doing a TAH, and he is even going to cut out my 2 c-section scars and make it one small scar. That made me very happy! We are going to try to keep one ovary because I am only 37 and he really wants me to try to not have to go on HRT if at all possible.

I do have to do the bowel prep though. I am drinking that phospho stuff for 2 days (Sat and Sunday) and on Sunday I can only drink liquids! I am not going to be a very happy person that day! LOL

After signing all the paper work and making my post-op appts, we went down stairs to the hospital and did all the pre-registration stuff. After that I had to have an EKG and Blood Drawn. He is going to give me predinsone in my IV the day of surgery because I have been having asthma issues. He is also going to do a spinal block as well as the anesthesia so that the pain will be minimized for the first 24 hours as much as possible.

Ok.. Now I need to be a good lady-in-waiting. I think now I am going to be a little nuts as my hubby is leaving for a business trip on Sunday morning and wont be back until Friday night. My son had a field trip to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday, then both kids have a field trip to the Video Arcade as a prize for magazine sales on Thursday! ACK! Plus Socccer practices and dance... What a busy week it will be!

At least I got dinner at Red Robin tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Back from my Pre-Op!

Breathe, breathe......LOL

I'm just kidding. I'm just amazed at how different everyone's pre-op experience is. I ended up being a class project (my plastic surgeon walked in with several foreign med students to view me in the altogether).

In a way (and I know it's easy for me to say this since it's all over for me) I wish I had done the bowel prep. Instead, I had to give myself two enemas at the hospital, and as far as I can tell they did nothing!!! Oh, well....everything came out OK (so to speak).

You're gonna do great! Hang out here as much as you can, and grab our support while dh is out of town.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register