sex life | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
sex life

Sisters,
I am 7 weeks post-op from my TAH for Adenomyosis and got the go ahead last week to resume our normal sex life. Not sure about anyone else,,,but I was hoping for better then normal...lol. How is everyone doing out there? I have to say the first time was a tad bit scary, but it was good. O's seem more intense... Husband seems to like it better as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
sex life

I'm glad to hear that! I haven't made the plunge yet, but got the okay yesterday. Might try tomorrow night. I'm terrified. Hopefully wine/champagne will help!

Thanks for sharing that bit of good news.
Unread 04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
sex life

Hope all goes well for you horizon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
sex life

I'm nine weeks out myself and took that venture on the 8th week and was terrified but got thru it o.k and am actually looking forward to trying again didn't get the big 'O' yet but am determined to continue trying, I know it's there just playing hide and seek but DB likes the challenge of trying to locate it so it's like a game for us now and we both joke about it
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
sex life

I love not having to worry about staining my sheets or even worse having to refuse his offers to go down (sorry for the vulgarity) because I'm worried about bleeding. It's such a relief.

For those of you just resuming, be sure to start slowly with lots of foreplay and be careful with positions that deepen the penetration. We had to limit our positions at first.
Unread 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM
sex life

we've tried a few times and I have to admit, everything is soooo much better than before. The big O feels different, but it is a really good different. I always felt like too there was a big rock getting in the way, and now it is just so much lighter and free. So far we have had problems with dryness (which we never did before), and so far we have had to limit how deep. But overall I'm happy. I do find that the next day I have lots of little black threads coming out. I think someone told me these are dissolving stitches.
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:26 PM
sex life

teacher30-I agree with the O's. Mine are more intense and can seem to feel them ripple or something. Think with that vaginal cuff and no cervix, they sort of bounce back....i dont know how to describe it, but they are better. No black threads though....what kind of surgery did you have?
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
sex life

Hello Sisters,
Just want to say be careful not to go too deep. Had my tah on feb 12th. Had to stay in the hospital Tuesday night because of air in my abdomen. It came in thru the vaginal cuff. Had no idea that could happen. Dr said it was a small hole & must have healed itself. Find out more next week when I go see him. I had been on top & in control during sex after go ahead from dr. but last time we went too deep & it may have tore it. not sure. No sex for me till dr says okay again. Make sure you listen to your dr. & take it slow.
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:30 PM
sex life

freedomlady - I had a TVH. I think that is best description of the O's! Feel much better to me that before
Unread 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM
sex life

I am not ready for that yet, but after reading this thread, I must say...I CANT WAIT!!! LOL

I do hope it is much better for me too, there close to the end before my surgery it was just to painful for him to go to deep and I could only get a good 'O' if he went deep so if he kept it soft and shallow it was not painful, but he enjoyed it more then I did...

Now I just hope that I can feel it shallow and soft and we can actually make love instead of just "Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am."

I know I know....TMI!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register