Heart palpitations after surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heart palpitations after surgery Heart palpitations after surgery

Unread 10-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Re: Heart palpitations after surgery

Thanks, JCHart. To answer some questions others have asked, I'm not a caffeine drinker (and haven't been for 5 years or so). I really don't feel like an anxious person, and I have several things in my life that make me happy and help me relax. Others have asked me the same question, and I've thought about it a lot.

I know I need to discuss this with a doctor, and I plan to do that. I just wanted to ask the question here to see if anyone else had similar symptoms especially right after their hysterectomy. I think it's quite possible my symptoms were triggered by changing hormones from the surgery. Just trying to gain as much information as I can before I talk to the doctor. It doesn't sound like a super common thing to happen after a hysterectomy, and that's essentially what I wanted to know.

I'm not at Mayo right now, but did make a trip there for the heart stuff back in the spring because I wasn't getting anyone to listen to me around here. Being at Mayo really was an awesome experience, and they're the only ones to take me seriously and truly look into the symptoms. The dr. even admitted that he didn't think the symptoms I was telling him were heart related, but after seeing the test results he felt bad that he even said that to begin with. I plan to send my records from the hospital here to that dr. and see what he has to say about it.

Thanks for the responses everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Re: Heart palpitations after surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpeggy View Post
I think they definitely are hormone-related because I used to get them much worse during PMS. Today is really the first time I've had them significantly since surgery so I think they are getting better with less Estgrogen in my system.
I can identify with this. I used to have more with PMS too. I still do and now I have to stop and think for a moment to realize that, yes, it has been a month.

They can be scary, even when you know what they are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register