4 weeks post op and sick, sick, sick! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op and sick, sick, sick! 4 weeks post op and sick, sick, sick!

Unread 10-26-2009, 12:54 AM
4 weeks post op and sick, sick, sick!

Crazy sick person here! 4 weeks post op and I am going insane!!!!!! My stomach pain is getting better although it is very tender and finally my swelly belly has gone down. I am very tired still but managing to do daily 1 hour walks and look after my 3 kids and my DH! My issue is every second or third day i get so very very sick. I cant eat anything and this lasts for about 24 to 48 hours.

Then.....no BM which means more pain and terrible hemorroids. Today i wished 4 the first time that i did not have the op. When will I feel better. rang the doctor and he brought me in for blood tests, urine samples and bowel stool samples. Maybe an infection??

Also, i have been having serious night [/i]sweats which wake me through the night and then I am tired and cranky the next day. Seriously I think my DH is going to run out of patience with me! Has anyone experinced this and any suggestions! It is beach season here and I just want to get on with surfing with the kids and having fun!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Re: 4 weeks post op and sick, sick, sick!

Hi (((coutour)))

Wow, that is amazing that you are getting such long walks in on a daily basis.

I'm glad to hear that you have contacted your doctor about your digestive system issues. That is truly the best way to get to the bottom of what is going on. Hopefully it is a part of your healing process and nothing more.

As far as the night sweats, there are various remedies that can work. I noticed from your profile that you still have your ovaries. You will probably find that this calms down over time, though it can take some time. It was probably three months before my ovarian function kicked back in enough to quell my menopausal symptoms. I used an otc progesterone cream for my symptoms. Some women have luck with Black Cohosh supplements for their hot flashes and night sweats. You may also want to try a Chillow. If you scroll down this page, you will see a link to learn more. Hope you are able to make the most of beach season!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register