LSH Spotting???? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Re: Spotting????

I had a SAH, and have cervix & one ovary. I am just over three weeks post surgery and have been bleeding lightly for the past eight days...very frustrating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:30 PM

Very normal. I had it 2 weeks ago and having to switch pantiliners several times a day. Doc said it could take like 6 weeks. But everyone so far way down the road says it does stop!
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM

Really???? You think it is normal to just bleed lightly for days on end?!? I sure hope this is seperate from the potential mini-period phenomena that some women with their cervix's have.

As you mention, I do need to change pantiliners a few times per day....but if knew this was normal & will definately go away, I would feel better!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Spotting????

Quote:
Originally Posted by endotek View Post
my surgery was 4/29/13 and I've spotted very lightly yellowish/brownish stuff for the first 3.5 weeks. Now I'm spotting a more very light pink something and it's heavier from time to time. I also feel (and I really don't know how to explain this) a "tugging" in my vagina and abd cramping and sometimes a bit of a tug in my rectum from time to time. I decided I was overdoing things so I decided to work from home today and just relax over the weekend. this seems to be common though? I believe I've read that this is about the time that my stitches internally may be dissolving?
hi I also feel things going on in the vagina, almost like something's falling out, us that what you feel, im 3 weeks since surgery, just wondering
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:05 PM

I've spotted discharge since surgery on may 8th, so over it
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Spotting????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsinthesky View Post
Really???? You think it is normal to just bleed lightly for days on end?!? I sure hope this is seperate from the potential mini-period phenomena that some women with their cervix's have.

As you mention, I do need to change pantiliners a few times per day....but if knew this was normal & will definately go away, I would feel better!!!!
Yes. I also kept cervix and I have both ovaries. I saw doc for my post op this week and he said to expect it. The body had to heal internally too. I had no spotting the first 2 days but have been continually spotting since and it definitely increases the more I am up and around. I even called again today and spoke to nurse again just to triple check and she also said totally normal. All said that the only part that would be abnormal is if you notice a fever and an odor or if it gets bright red and heavy. I chatted in another read on here and one gal didn't stop spotting until like 4 months out from surgery! It's not fair I know. I was so bummed to have to buy more pads this week. I'm still cramping too (even tho I don't have a uterus) and that is normal too. Keep your chin up! Hugs!
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchbabies2309 View Post
hi I also feel things going on in the vagina, almost like something's falling out, us that what you feel, im 3 weeks since surgery, just wondering
yes! sometimes. it was mainly over the last couple of days now it seems a bit better. I've stopped spotting the yellowy stuff and now it's just light pink but more often and heavier. my friend who had surgery the same day I did and I compare notes and we both think the internal stitches are dissolving and they "pinch".

also, OT, is anyone else finding that they have huge bellies that don't fit right in their clothes? I am 5 lbs less than before surgery but all the waistbands of my pants are snug. And, I know this is probably TMI but I feel like someone is pumping methane into me all day long. by bedtime I almost double over from gas pains. is that common too?
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Spotting????

Quote:
Originally Posted by endotek View Post
yes! sometimes. it was mainly over the last couple of days now it seems a bit better. I've stopped spotting the yellowy stuff and now it's just light pink but more often and heavier. my friend who had surgery the same day I did and I compare notes and we both think the internal stitches are dissolving and they "pinch".

also, OT, is anyone else finding that they have huge bellies that don't fit right in their clothes? I am 5 lbs less than before surgery but all the waistbands of my pants are snug. And, I know this is probably TMI but I feel like someone is pumping methane into me all day long. by bedtime I almost double over from gas pains. is that common too?
My belly was swollen the first week but mine is the least invasive surgery so I can't really speak to that. However the gas pains are still sharp in pain and annoying 2 weeks out from surgery.
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:52 PM

I had a Davinci 4 weeks ago tomorrow and I just started spotting. It is the weird....I started with the sharp vaginal pain and cramping then I came home from dinner to find that I was bleeding now it has turned into spotting.

The on call Dr. stated the same thing a previous Angel said and that was the left over endometrial tissue has to come out. I am on complete bed rest until tomorrow and then I have to talk with them again in the morning.

I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsingerHigh View Post
Yes. I also kept cervix and I have both ovaries. I saw doc for my post op this week and he said to expect it. The body had to heal internally too. I had no spotting the first 2 days but have been continually spotting since and it definitely increases the more I am up and around. I even called again today and spoke to nurse again just to triple check and she also said totally normal. All said that the only part that would be abnormal is if you notice a fever and an odor or if it gets bright red and heavy. I chatted in another read on here and one gal didn't stop spotting until like 4 months out from surgery! It's not fair I know. I was so bummed to have to buy more pads this week. I'm still cramping too (even tho I don't have a uterus) and that is normal too. Keep your chin up! Hugs!
Well, I really appreciate your comments. It just doesn't seem like that many women are bleeding after their surgery. I would say I was "spotting" light brown stuff for the first two weeks after my surgery, and then I started "bleeding" - not heavy, but definately light blood flow, off and on, for the past eight days. I saw my doctor two days ago, and she said she cauterized my cervix, but she definately noticed the build up of tissue, as I was mid-cycle during the surgery. It just seems rare to be bleeding for so many days, but thank you for putting my mind a little more at ease that it *may* be nothing to worry about. I too am bummed to be buying pantiliners again...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register