Phantom cramps and tender incision after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Phantom cramps and tender incision after hysterectomy Phantom cramps and tender incision after hysterectomy

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Phantom cramps and tender incision after hysterectomy

I had a vertical incision abdominal hysterectomy, and the area around my belly button is still really REALLY tender. I can't even wear my favorite jeans yet! I'm also still having phantom cramps and there are times when I tear up for no reason- but especially when I see a cute little toddler running around with an obviously happy parent.

I'm happy to have had the surgery, but I get these moments when I'm like, "I'm never going to be able to get pregnant now," and it breaks my heart. Funny thing is... neither my hubby or I wanted kids before.

Guess it's true, you want what you can't have yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialane View Post
I had a vertical incision abdominal hysterectomy, and the area around my belly button is still really REALLY tender. I can't even wear my favorite jeans yet! I'm also still having phantom cramps and there are times when I tear up for no reason- but especially when I see a cute little toddler running around with an obviously happy parent.

I'm happy to have had the surgery, but I get these moments when I'm like, "I'm never going to be able to get pregnant now," and it breaks my heart. Funny thing is... neither my hubby or I wanted kids before.

Guess it's true, you want what you can't have yourself!
I feel the same way. I do have a 17yr old. But pregnancy was horrible, as was labor. It scared me too much to have any more. Now that I had this surgery (july22) im super depressed that I don't even have the option. I see on t.v. wives tell their husbands they are pregnant, or hear of someone pregnant and it makes me feel terrible. Like i'm less than them. And that I'm jipping my husband. The surgery is just so FINAL.
Unread 08-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Re: Little rant

I can't say u upset I can't have any more kids, I was blessed with the two I have and am happy to have them.

But I can rant with you on the pants! I am more than 3 months post op and still can't wear anything that buttons or zips. I still wear elastic band pants every single day! It's driving me crazy. I have tried several times to wear normal pants but half way through the day I start hurting and have to go home to change. Irritating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Re: Little rant

I have a pair of spanx that I have to wear nearly every day because the place I got a job at (Office Depot) requires you to wear black pants with your shirt tucked in and a belt on. I don't think I could have handled it if not for those!

And whoops! I'm 4 months postop >.>

I'm not glad others are in the same boat, but it does relieve some of the stress here
Unread 08-03-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieB. View Post
I can't say u upset I can't have any more kids, I was blessed with the two I have and am happy to have
But I can rant with you on the pants! I am more than 3 months post op and still can't wear anything that buttons or zips. I still wear elastic band pants every single day! It's driving me crazy. I have tried several times to wear normal pants but half way through the day I start hurting and have to go home to change. Irritating!
I definitely feel the same way but it hasn't been 2 weeks post op for me. I was wondering when ill be back to jeans...maybe never??
Unread 08-03-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lialane View Post
I have a pair of spanx that I have to wear nearly every day because the place I got a job at (Office Depot) requires you to wear black pants with your shirt tucked in and a belt on. I don't think I could have handled it if not for those!

And whoops! I'm 4 months postop >.>

I'm not glad others are in the same boat, but it does relieve some of the stress here
4months post op and no jeans? Eeeek. Thank you for the suggestion on the spanx!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register