not feeling like a princess!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not feeling like a princess!!!! not feeling like a princess!!!!

Unread 04-19-2005, 08:55 PM
not feeling like a princess!!!!

I had my TAH on4/11 and Have nothing but problems since. I went for my one week check up yesterday but the night befor I went I noticed some reddness all on my abdomin. I figued it was just the belt thing that they have you wear. Any how when I was at the dr. she said I have a infection and got a purple pen and drew a circle in the shape of my red spot ( which is about the size of a dinner plate), put me on antibiotics and said if the spot grows out of that line to go to the e.r. The spot has not grown but has not shrinked either. and now I have this hard spot on my insition on the right side it is a little smaller that the size of an egg. I am only 27 and feel as if I am never going to be the same. To make matters worse tomarrow is my 9th aniversiery and I can not please my husband in any way shape or form due to all of the crap. I do go to the dr again in the morning and hopefully she says all is well and the bump will soon go way. This has absolutly without a shadow of doubt been the worst thing that I have ver gone though. I cant even get off of the pain pills with out wanting to die. and I am either sweating my *** off of frezzing it off. What is the deal I kept my overies, this is not supposed to be happining to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Hi Sharon!

I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time with complications during your recovery. That's really too bad.

I hope that your check-up with your doctor tomorrow morning results in some positive news. Be sure to remember to ask her about the hot-and-cold spells you are experiencing. After you get back from her office, please come back and let us know what she says.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

s
Unread 04-20-2005, 12:04 AM

I can't really give you any advice with this other than to not worry about pleasing your husband. If you've been married 9 years, there will be many more. And after 9 years, he will know you love him, regardless what you guys do.

Having him pick up some romantic chick flick (for you) and some alcohol for him and celebrate the new beginning for you and ultimately for him too. It will get better.

I'm 12 days post op now and it does get better. Hang in there and celebrate being married for 9 years quiet, but still in love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2005, 04:48 AM

Oh honey I can relate. I am so sorry your feeling so poorly, but keep in mind that when our bodies hurt, we hurt mentally and spiritually too. The pain in the mental can be just as great as the actual physical.

Many hugs to you. I can relate to not being able to do anything with your hubby. When my anniversary came I couldnt do nothing. It was on the tenth, my surgery was on the fourth. Altho remebering better now, I was home, at the time.

In all fairness and not to brag, he did buy a ring for me and give it to me at the hosptial. I guess we dont know what tomorow hold or if it is even gonna be here for us. So with that being said, can i urge you to stay with us just in today, cuz it is all we have. I will tell you something funny bout our anniversary.

Now since he got me a ring at hosptial, our anniversary was on the 10th, so ya know what? The day of our anniversary we both had forgotten it? Neither one of us said it, no cards were exchanged, and it was OKAY....later on we remembered. And now we are married 12 years. smile..... I guess my point is, with the love we share, and i'm sure from your post you too do as well, we realize without even saying it, that ohhhh when the time comes, STEAK and PLEASURE.......and perhaps a lobby tail too.

Go easy on you. From what you say you have an infection, I have one too. Not as bad as yours, but infection makes us feel bad. Sick sick sick. I remember so feeling the EXACT way you are. Last time i saw doc, he said to me "In 3 days you will be feeling REMARKABLEY better". I couldnt belive it I had been not well for what seemed an eternity, and it DOES when your sick, on pain meds, and just yucky. Like i said i couldnt believe it. It has been day 3 now since i saw my doc, and do you know what i did yesterday?

I MADE DINNER.....I never thought i would be excited about that.!!! REAL FOOD......amen.

So in closing, remember what i've shared, the DAY WILL come, you hit a rough patch, it WILL get better. Do like doc says, trust in the love of your marriage, and just watch.

And hey, will ya PLEASE let me know when you begin to feel better again? I do care, all of us do.

Major Hugs and love sent your way,

carrie
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:04 AM
easy on yourself

Whoa, there , you are only a week post op.

I think you need to slow down, rest, drink lots of fluids and let your hubby baby you! For your anniversary:
Sit by the side of the bed and tell him to give you a shoulder and back rub. Have him bring you hot tea with mint in it. Have him vacuum the room while you lay on the couch and cheer him on.

This healing thing is a long haul, and it will get better as you go. Your body is trying to heal, and it sounds like your doctor is on top of it. If the infection doesn't get better, call or go in, sometimes they have to find it, culture it and find the right antibiotic.

The ovaries can shut down-here is a link to an article about that too: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=97124

's
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:07 AM

Hang in there, my surgery date was on 4/11 too, and I can only sit at the computer less than an hour then I sleep.
I take a shower then sleep. I am on precacet still. I try Motrin but it doesn't seem to work against the Pain.

I sleep in a pile of pillows, it hurts to move, or I feel that my insides are moving & pulling.

You are not alone, I get down to that I can't do the simple stuff!!!
I need my DH to even put socks on my feet since it hurts to bend.

I had TAH and they took everything. Had to cut, was suposed to be vaginal & lap.

Everyone heels different, I know I feel better than last week at this time.

I get High five's from my family when I pass gas, and my daughter will say boy mom that's a good one, good job!!!!!

Life's greatest achievement .... to Pass Gass!!!!

Hugs to you!!!!!
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:30 AM

When I had my surgery, back in June (it was on the 10th) and my anniversary rolled around (on the 16th) Sex was the farthest thing from my mind- My Dh and I celebrated OUR anniversary with a nice hot bowl of Campbells soup, some crackers and a big hug and kiss- It was our 26th anniversary. We celebrated the fact that I was no longer in pain, bleeding all the time, and we celebrated the fact that I was cancer free. Please dont be so hard on yourself. You are very soon post-op, and although its easy to get discouraged, keep your chin up, and be excited about all the days to come where you will be pain free. You marriage can survive. Just enjoy each others company, each others spirits, and the closeness that you both share...
Happy anniversary to you both!
snickers
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:41 AM

ooohhhh sorry you are feeling so bad.

Just listen to your doctor and take your meds.

I am also 10 days post-op and seeing my doc to get unzipped today and even without an infection I feel really yucky and still taking the pain pills.

Get yourself some raspberry tea as that helps with soft tissue injury to heal fast and also boosts immunity for the infection.

Health food stores usually carry the real thing that you would wing a couple of teaspoons in some muslin or a piece of clean cotton and steep in hot water. Add honey if you like.

I don't like the taste so I put it in my regular tea.
Let us know how you are doing.
Rest and get well soon,

Judy
p.s. what is a lobby tail
Unread 04-20-2005, 03:42 PM

Hello again,

I went to the dr. again today and the dr. said that the infection has not gotten any bigger (wich is good) but has not really gone down very much. She wants to see me back in one more week. I think I need to set up camp. I feel like I live there.

I do however feel some what better today. Maybe it has been the infection keeping me from feeling good.

Thanks for all of your replys and advice.
God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register