Any 6 weekers out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 6 weekers out there? Any 6 weekers out there?

Unread 08-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Any 6 weekers out there?

I just made my 6 weeks today. I am feeling ok and have been given the green light from my doctor but I have a few concerns. First of all, I am experiencing "cramping" just like I did when I would have my periods? That is the best way to describe it - bloated, cramping, moody. Not to an extreme, but it started this week - just when I started to feel like getting back into the world. Also, I am having a lot of trouble with insomnia. I am very uncomfortable and just not able to get to sleep. Any suggestions? I am taking Estrace each day. I just had some blood work done to check my hormone levels and will go from there. I noticed several of you are not on HRT due to endo? What does that mean? Just curious.
Thanks for your help
Shelley
TAH, everything gone - due to endo, fibroids, large baseball size mass on left ovary, and a lot of adhesions on bowel, bladder and intestines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Any 6 weekers out there?

Endo feeds on estrogen. So my doc had me stay away from hormones to starve out the endo (so it would not come back) I am also having some sleepless nights. I am so tired that I take simply sleepy (1/2 of one will take the edge off) I just got the okay from my doc for hormones . She was not hip on the bioidentical ones. So the NP wrote me my perscription. They go under tongue and taste yucky. Take care
Unread 08-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Any 6 weekers out there?

Hi Im 6 1/2 weeks today.The Dr. released me this afternoon.Yeah, I have cramping sometimes too.Mine is usually when Ive been on my feet too long.Also,I can't sleep either.It drives me nuts! I read an article today,that said our hormones help us to get sleepy and when we go through menopause or lose them,we may have trouble sleeping.I am not taking hormones but not due to endo.I just didn't want to.I am however using premarin creme for swelling.Not very much but I haven't had any menopause symptoms since I started and what I had before it were very very mild Im told.People who don't take them because of endo Im told do not do so due to the fact that endo feeds off of estrogen and it can grow back right away if "fed" too soon.Thats about all I know about it.Hope you are feeling better than I am.I really am still hurting when Im up on my feel much and very tired too.Nice going back to work that way,huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Any 6 weekers out there?

I am a six weeker too! I have not been released by my DR yet...my appointment is on Tuesday. I hope that he lets me go to be a DW to my DH! Poor guy! I have been feeling so much better everyday. I still have some "pin stabbing" pain from time to time in my naval but nothing bad...some tightness and pulling too. I did encounter a new little problem the last few weeks pertaining to my bowels. I seem to have gotten a buliging in my vagina from my bowels. Now I have to have that delt with! After that I make an appointment with a new DR to do the bio ident. hormones because I do not want to be on the Premerin that my DR put me on! Other then that I can't wait for the green light, the new needed repair, and some natural hormones therapy!

As for sleep...had terrible time of it early on but now that I have gone back to work after 3 weeks I sleep better then I did before. Falling asleep sometimes is hard but once I do I sleep great!

Glad to hear everyone is healing so well...keep it up!
Jenn
Unread 08-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Any 6 weekers out there?

Hi six weeks next Tuesday and I am hoping for the green light = My brother in law is getting married next weekend in Vegas and I would love to go swimming! I am doing OK it was my first week back to work and I probably over did a little. I am very swelly tonight and exhausted. Thank heavens it is the weekend! I still get pains here and there,including the cramping, but Motrin takes care of it. Sleeping varies, but has is better since I started back to work. All in all I am doing well, some days are better than others. Happy Healing to us all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register