a yukky question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a yukky question a yukky question

Unread 09-03-2005, 09:01 PM
a yukky question

Hey everybody! Ive got question..will they still do the surgery if you are bleeding? I've always had problems with my monthly cycle, when I was younger I wouldnt have one for months and now its like once they start they never stop. My last one lasted 23 days, like a week of this isnt bad enough. Its never heavy just enough for liners but its still a pain. I've got another question...I started yesterday and im bleeding like a stuck hog! My back is killing me and even my sides are hurting...I know this is gross but Ive even got small clots this time....I was just wondering if this was anything to be worried about?? I never have periods like this and im just thinking that it might be all this stress im under. Can anybody ease my mind??? Im stressing AGAIN!! sheeeeeeshhhhhhh

Yvonne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 10:14 PM
a yukky question

Nothing is "yukky" or off limits on this site!! You can talk about anything here!! All the sisters are wonderful!!
I was on my period when I had my surgery. They just give you a pad to put under you. I even had disposable undies on! So it shouldn't make a difference. BUT, I would call your Dr. just to make sure ...to ask him about you being on your period during surgery and to tell him how heavy your period is now. Hope everything goes well!!
Unread 09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
a yukky question

Yvonne,
You might try thermacare patches for your back pain. They are right next to the pain relievers in the grocery store and they are like portable 8 hr heating pads. They have made my life much more comfortable - especially during work when I cant take anything stronger than Alieve.
I've had heavy bleeding, clotting and severe pain you described as part of the fibroids, but I'd call my doc just to be sure. Last year I had a very painful episode and I thought it was "just the fibroids" and it turned out to be a gallstone in a very dangerous place. I had no prior problems with my gallbladder so this was scary. I had to keep my surgeon's business card with me for the week before my surgery in case the stone moved. If this pain continues over the holiday weekend and you cant get through to your doctor, I'd go to the ER, just for peace of mind. I dont mean to scare you, but if it continues, please check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2005, 08:56 AM
a yukky question

I was bleeding with clots on the morning of my surgery. They just give you a pad to stick between your legs. Some hospitals give you mesh undies - mine did not.

Good luck - all will be fine
Unread 09-04-2005, 10:22 AM
a yukky question

I like how someone on an earlier thread stated this exact concern to her doctor. The doctor's reply was if we waited until you weren't bleeding we would never do the surgery.

I was glad to hear this because I knew Aunt Flow wasn't scheduled for a visit at the time of my surgery. However, the doctor put me on Prometrium and that messed the entire cycle around. She arrived 4 days early when I was on the Prometrium and the following month she arrived 2 weeks late. I won't know until 12/6th if she's here or not.

Spasmo, thanks for the advise about thermacare.
Unread 09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
a yukky question

I think they are used to bleeding there. Although I know your embarrassment! I waited and waited to get a cystoscopy (where they go into your bladder with a camera, via urethra) and I got my period two days before. They still did it, but I felt very uneasy.
Unread 09-05-2005, 07:08 AM
a yukky question

Aunt Flow visited me two days before surgery. I got scared they wouldn't do the surgery but told the nurse as soon as I got to the hospital on Monday am. She assured me all was okay, they put a pad on the bed for me and she told me not to worry. I went into OR with her and left her on the table. No bleeding since surgery! Yea!
Unread 09-07-2005, 12:11 AM
a yukky question

I am a newbie but, I have severe Endo which, causes heavy bleeding and my AF's are unpredictable as well. I am a veteran user of Therma Care heat wraps and I say, they work VERY well.

I also enjoyed reading the other responses from the other ladies as well.
Unread 09-07-2005, 06:33 AM
a yukky question

Yvonne - Good luck with your surgery, looks like we are schedule on the same day, and judging by your screen name, maybe even born the same year? 1970? I would check with your DR. I had asked my the question what if because it was close to the date I was due to see Aunt Flo, the DR replied we are so use to that, it won't even phase us. Auntie Flo actually came 1 1/2 early so, even thought it was the last time, I assure you....NO TEARS WERE SHEDING HERE!..... Again Good Luck and I'll see ya on the other side. -Melissa
Unread 09-07-2005, 10:33 AM
a yukky question

Yvonne,
Best of luck with your surgery!!! Aunt Flo just seems to always want to have the last word, doesn't she?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register