Hi I'm new, too | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi I'm new, too Hi I'm new, too

Unread 11-02-2002, 12:19 AM
Hi I'm new, too

Hi - I'm finally on this wonderful website! YAY !!
Gettin' a bit antsy, too, as my day at the castle is the 5th of Nov. I've had an interesting couple of weeks with the unexpected development of a NASTY cough that kept me up all night long. Was afraid it was something serious like bronchitis that would interefere with surgery. So, went to my PCP and he said it was my hbp meds. He took me off the Prinivil and tried a new med (Diovan) that made my heart hurt like some other beta blockers did last year. Took all week to work thru this and now PCP just says to stay off any hbp med until after surgery as there's not time to go through all the various kinds to find one that works. Called my GYN's nurse about this today and she said "WHOA!" -maybe the docs should talk. They couldn't hook up today. So it'll be Monday, the day before surgery at my pre-op, where we settle on all this. I am just hopin' and prayin' my bp will stay down and that my heart is healthy so I can get through this! That's my main concern-that there's nothing wrong with my heart that's going undetected that will show its ugly face during surgery. I've decided to be positive, trust the docs, and leave it all up to the Big Guy who created my heart in the first place. Would love to hear if anyone had blood pressure troubles before their surgery.
Thanks a million for just "listenin'"!
Tf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2002, 01:03 AM
Hi I'm new, too

Hi and welcome to the best place on the net!
Glad you found us too!

I didnt have any problems with my heart or meds but I did just want to let you know that I will keep you in my thoughts and ers things get straightened out soon for you.

I am sure another sister will be along soon to offer her experiences....

Good luck and best wishes always!

s
Unread 11-02-2002, 03:46 AM
BP

Hey Texasfriend!!
Greetings from SC!! Your surgery is one day after mine....aren't you glad it is almost over??? I was so thrilled to find this site too...all the ladies are wonderful!!
I was just put on blood pressure meds a month ago...went to see my internist to check my anemia....and lo and behold they put me on Altace because I had a high blood pressure...guess they had been keeping track of it and thought it was time to do something about it??? Didnt want me to get to my preop and get turned down for surgery....I just wonder if it isn't my nerves?? My family has high blood pressure so guess you can't fight the genes??? You said the beta blockers made your heart hurt...please send me a message and describe it for me.....I was feeling chest pressure and was sure it was from the birth control pills I am on making my chest so large...gosh DH is going to miss those.....They ended up giving me another month's worth of samples and want to see me at the end of November to decide what to do with me.....Not that we need something else to worry about, right??
Good luck on Tuesday...I pray I will be headed home then....Take care and God bless...

lilly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register