Uterus is wide and deep - why? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterus is wide and deep - why? Uterus is wide and deep - why?

Unread 05-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Uterus is wide and deep - why?

Went to the Dr yesterday, scheduled TAH for next Tuesday, May 9th. I have fibroids, long heavy bleeding, cramps, etc. Dr said that he normally does TVH, but due to my anatomy (my uterus is long and deep) he will need to do TAH. I know that I have one fibroid at the entrance to my uterus, but am unsure about any others. I'm a little worried that there are other problems that we don't know about. I've been reading this web-site for the last two weeks or so and love all the input and stories. Just wondering if anyone can shed any light as to why my uterus would be long and deep...what could cause this? I guess more fibroids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2006, 01:52 PM

It's most likely an anatomic variation, I wouldn't worry about it at this point. I had a TAH for monster fibroids, no problems! Best of luck to you.
Unread 05-03-2006, 02:59 AM

hello and good luck with your surgery! I also had an abdominal surgery due to an enlarged uterus-it extended up to my navel and the monster fibroids had pushed all of my other organs out of place. Everything went quite well and my recovery has been good. Try not to worry too much-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 06:16 AM

I also had a very large distorted uterus. The ultrasound showed up the big fibroids. When they got in there, there were many smaller ones also. That is also when my adeno was discovered, and it was quite extensive. I just know that everything else worked better after it was removed.

Kay
Unread 05-03-2006, 11:31 AM

Good luck on your surgery next week. I am having my Tah on may 15th.
Unread 05-03-2006, 11:54 AM

Hey Bigtea40,

I'm with the sisters about not worrying, I had a TAH BSO and I was told it was a safer procedure for my condition. I'm all for safer! I have a sister in law who is a surgeon and when I asked what that meant to real people, she said that it was better to have the vertical cut TAH when size of the fibroid was an issue, and that in the past they would start one type of surgery, realize that there was a problem and then have to do the TAH vertical so they can see better and address any issues; now if there is a question they just do the TAH it's safer.

Take care of yourself and before you know it you will be on the road to recovery, doing the happy dance!

peace
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:31 PM

I LOVE this site!! It has soooo much information. Thanks for your repsonses ladies!! I'm feeling better about it all. I just didn't expect it to be scheduled so soon, and thought that since I had my boys vaginally, I would have surgery vaginally. But, that's ok. I do realize that my Dr seeing what is going on in there is more important to me and my recovery than having vaginal surgery. I can't wait to be on the road to recovery, doing the happy dance. Thanks for the support!!
Unread 05-03-2006, 09:35 PM

Hey Emilyrose, In case I don't get back to you before your surgery...good luck to you on the 15th.
Unread 05-03-2006, 11:37 PM
my uturus was as big a 8 mounts dr said it was like giveing birth to a 15 baby.

seance it was so enlarge the surgury was easyer and faster,I had tah 4/25/06 i did fine and so will you ,Good luck
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:00 AM

I was told after my hyst. that I had a really long cervix - I was trying to picture that in my mind and I couldn't even get a visual. I was reading a book on hysterectomy yesterday that said that pre-puberty girls usually have long cervixes and then it shortens afterwards - well, let me tell you, I'm WAY past puberty! When I asked the doctor at the post-op what that meant he said it was probably just the way I was born. That actually makes sense as to why I went through almost 28 hours of labor and never dilated so I had to have a c-section. Unless he tells you there's a specific cause, I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably along the same lines as some of us have wide feet, some narrow, etc. Oftentimes when they get in they do find additional issues that weren't known about previously, but that's a good thing as then they'll be able to address them before they get worse. In my case I had gone back and forth on whether or not I wanted to keep my cervix, and when the path reports came back they found some pre-cancerous conditions that they may not have found otherwise. That made me feel better as I knew then that I had definitely made the right decision. Good luck to you, and try not to worry; this will all be a memory before you know it and you will probably be very glad you did this! Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register