Just scheduled daVinci TLH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just scheduled daVinci TLH Just scheduled daVinci TLH

Unread 08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Just scheduled daVinci TLH

I hope I got the abbreviation ok above.

I just scheduled my daVinci laparoscopic hysterectomy (uterus and cervix, but leaving tubes/ovaries). My surgery is scheduled for 10/7/09 at 8:30 a.m.

I've been researching this to death & it feels good to have it scheduled. It feels good to know that the period I just finished will likely be my next to last one (possibly two more, probably one more). No more period pain, no more clots and heavy flow, etc.

Anyway, I just had to tell someone here. I felt like I just "graduated" from the Options/Alternatives forum to this forum.

Thanks for listening,
Stacie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Re: Just scheduled daVinci TLH

i had the same surgery that you are going to have.. RALH ( robot assisted laproscopic hysterectomy ) 9 1/2 weeks ago! i am feeling really good but i still take it easy at times... there are a lot of posts about this procedure that may help answer some questions... congratts on setting the date!!!!! if you have any questions, just ask.... this site is amazing!!! it has helped me a lot
Unread 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM

SG-Indiana -

Welcome to the pre-op forum.

I too had the daVinci procedure. There will be a roundtable on 9/3 related to the daVinci and there is a pre-op chat on 8/27 as well as 9/10 where you can hear information on various aspects of getting ready for surgery, recovery, etc.

Remember when you have your surgery even with those little incisions you will have had major surgery so take it easy.

Sending you and wishes for a successful surgery and an uncomplicated recovery.

G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2009, 05:52 PM

Hi there! I am 2 weeks post-op from a RALH Da Vinci and I was able to go home in a day. I won't lie, I have my good and bad days but it's been wonderful to be able to get up and walk around post-op...it's amazing. Plus you are not being invaded by a surgeons hands or cut open. Believe me, I know it's easier said than done to not be scared or worried, but I really and truly believe Da Vinci is the wave of the future!

My best to you! I will look for your updates!

By the way, I felt like I had graduated to this forum too- it was 3 years in the making!
Unread 08-26-2009, 12:06 AM

Making the decision to have a hysterectomy is a biggie. Setting the date is a big step. Good for you that you feel positive about your decision and wanted to share the news.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register