I can't believe it's here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't believe it's here I can't believe it's here

Unread 06-17-2003, 08:14 AM
I can't believe it's here

Morning Sisters,

After 3 weeks of fighting with the insurance company, we finally got the authorization yesterday afternoon and surgery is scheduled for 1 pm tomorrow (6-18). I'm supposed to be at the castle at 10:30 in the morning. Ok, the nerves are hitting BIG TIME, and I've got to get through the rest of the day at work, which is gonna be interesting, lol.

I started the "bowel prep" with good ole' M of M last night, egads, nobody told me it would be that bad, lol - think I spent most of the night in the bathroom or on the couch thinking about running to the bathroom..... get to look forward to doing it again tonight - YUCK. Here's the question, I'm still feeling the effects of taking that stuff 12 hours later. How long does it "work"?? I certainly don't want to be hopping off the table pre-op and running (literally) to the bathroom, lol. Besides, it's getting a little "sore", if you get my drift......

Deep breaths, Cindy - it's almost there......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 08:19 AM

Hi cindy

I'm sooooo glad you got your insurance company to ok the surgery. Yea!!!!!!!

I know how hard the pre op stuff can be also. I felt like I would never stop going, but you will. Soon you will be all empied out and there will be nothing left to come out. It will happen

I will be praying for your surgery (that it is uneventful), your stay in the castle - that it goes smoothly, and for your healthy recovery!!!!

Hang in there _ soon the pre op will be over!!!

Sending you a big

Patty
Unread 06-17-2003, 08:24 AM

This is the first time I've heard of anyone using Milk of Magnesia for their bowel prep. You might want to call your doctor and let him know that this is still working after 12+ hours. Maybe he won't want you to take the second dose. (Helpful hint: Use baby wipes for the soreness.)

Tomorrow will be but a blur in your memory when this is all done. Things start to move pretty quickly once you get to the castle, and once the surgery is behind you, you'll spend the rest of the day in and out of sleep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 08:45 AM

((((((((Cindy))))))),

I am sending along best wishes too!!!!

I agree with Catherine. I never heard of M.O.M. for bowel prep either. Since it is still working on you give the Dr a call.Maybe since it has done so much he will let you do clear liquids diet.
Call him now hon.

Good luck,

Pamcat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register