How my drs apt went long story! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How my drs apt went long story! How my drs apt went long story!

Unread 09-25-2004, 02:13 AM
How my drs apt went long story!

I went to the drs on wed and asked alot of ?s about a tvh he said he don't know whats wrong with me but when he did the exam on me it seemed to be my uterus even though the scope did'nt show the problem I had alot of blood vessels and was a little prolasped.he said if i want my uterus out he would do it but he wasn't sure what was causing the pain or if it was the uterus and said if it is adenomyosis or endo in the uterus we won't know until the uterus is removed. He said surgery would take 1 hr and probably be in the hospital 2-3 days and recommended putting me to sleep rather than an epidural.said if my ovaries went into shock and I started actting different he would put a patch on me.he said I need to decide if I want to keep my ovaries last time he said he did'nt want to take everything because i was so young but this time he actted like he wanted to but I said no but he said if thats the problem you might just end up with another surgery.but i'm only 27 and not ready for menopause yet nor this surgery but I can't live like this anymore either.he said he had to get consent from the insurance and I found out I have to wait 30 days before I can set a date to get surgery.I did a scope in 2001 and that dr said I needed to get a hysterectomy then but I was to scared and did'nt want to get my organs removed so I took birth control and herbs and aleve but now I can't even function anymore and the drs won't give me anything for the pain except aleve and i'm on a total of 8 bottles of meds including the pain meds the hospital gave me wed night when I ended up there from real bad chest pain and pelic pain and back and leg pain they were going to keep me but my mother inlaw was in a hurry to pick up my boys up from the lady that lives in my apt complex that I had to leave them with in order to to go they released me and put me on bedrest and gave me some pills to take for the chest pain and a little bit of pain meds and said to go to my dr so Iwent to my mother inlaws moms house to stay and she went to my house and put my kids to bed and came and got me in the am and i've been taking care of my 3 boys ever since by myself as shes leaving to montana for 2 weeks and my kids dad is a truck driver so hes gone until sunday so i'm doopy from meds and sometimes sick and have chest pain with pelic pain and in the winter time I hurt because I was in a really bad car accident and the cold makes me hurt 10 times more.even after I take the 7.5/500 lortabs and aleve I still hurt so it has'nt been easy on me so I had the kids decorate for halloween early to make them happy but my boys have been whinning alot at me and not being good boys so hope to make it until there daddy gets home and hopeful when hes done droping his loads off I can rest a little before he leaves again.I go to my regular dr on tuesday don't think he will do anything for me though maybe at least get me some more anxiety pills so I don't stress out so much and try and get him to order a mri the hers foundation said i need to get one and the dr said he did'nt see any reason to being that the scope came out normal but he said he would talk to her about it so shes going to talked to him about getting it.Iam going to see my regular tuesday probably wont help me much maybe at least get me some more anxiety pills and I will try and get him to order a mri if the other dr wont.so tired of being in pain and I don't have any family out here just some of his family and they never watch the kids for me or help his mom says she will help when I get my surgery but worry she won't be here for me!I can't aford a full time nanny or caretaker or p/t because hes had to come home to help me in the past and his job is'nt paying alot the first year. I don't have a drivers license and in utah you have to go through drivers ed before you can take the test and I have'nt had $250 to start the ed course i've been a stay at home mom so won't get any $ while i'm not working.really afraid about surgery and tired of his family biching about me and having to drive me paces while she babysits her grand daughters boy all the time and spends $ on him and tells me all the time how much gas i have to pay her and never babysit or visits the kids inless i need her to take me some where and then my sister inlaw tells me i have it graet beace others are broke anfd starving most of the time people say my problems are'nt as bad or i feel they don't matter or just don't care that i'm 27 with 3 kids all alone.this one lady from church the i don't go to because i don't have a way to get there or am hurting to bad to go takes me to the drs up the street once and a while and she makes it hard on me by parking her car all the way in the back of the apt complex instead of right in my spot in front I have to walk all the way around and hurt and then she dumps me off with all 3 kids and once left us in her hot car and took the keys and once took me to the store and watched me carry all my groceries up the stairs by myself did'nt even bother helping said she would but never did nothing its like she wants to make me suffer and while i was in the car said oh i hope my husband has the kids already in bed knowing that i have to go home carry the groceries up the stairs and give the kids a bath and put them to bed while i'm hurting. i don't even want to be around her but I have to go to the drs and have no other way next week!Sorry for the very long letter!sure hope things get better soon.any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2004, 05:48 AM
How my drs apt went long story!

The HERS foundation are not doctors. Many women with endometriosis have normal MRI readings because the MRI doesn't pick up the smaller lesions.

You may wish to see another doctor to get a second or third opinion for a definite diagnosis. See a doctor who specializes in endometriosis- go to a doctor affiliated with a medical school hospital.

Taking out the uterus and ovaries at 27 and then finding out that's not the source of your pain is not as good thing. I hope your current doctor will treat your anxiety- anxiety can increase your pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register