Eeek! The day after tomorrow! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eeek!  The day after tomorrow! Eeek! The day after tomorrow!

Unread 02-18-2002, 11:31 AM
Eeek! The day after tomorrow!

So, I woke up this morning and started crying. Up till now I've been pretty ok, but reality has hit! Went to Jamaica for a couple weeks to play and have a "last hurrah" before I'm out of commission, and now that I'm back home I've started doing the big countdown/anxiety thing. Logically, I know I will be fine. I have a superb doctor, lots of support from friends and family, and I am healthy. It's just these goofy emotions and fears of the unknown that keep creeping in. I have read on this site that many women start having bad dreams (ditto) and fears of death (yep!), so I don't feel so unusual. I guess I'm just nervous. I will be going to work tomorrow (the day before surgery) and I'm sure I will be non-functional. I mean, how many projects can I start? How many can I finish? How much mental energy do I want to expend the day before my castle visit? Anyway, thank you all for your wisdom and advice and support. This site has been a blessing to me.

patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2002, 11:41 AM
waiting

Hello Patti

Your nerves are certianly understandable. It does seem you have a hold on them. Hold strong and know you have all the sisters support going for you. How can you lose with 1000's of sisters at your side

I maybe would sneak outa work early and go indulge in something just special for you Please let us all know how your doing when you come to the other side. A new princess needs much pampering and care.

Take care and be well
Unread 02-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Day after tomorrow for me too!

Had my pre-admission appointment today. TODAY I'm actually excited about finally getting all of this overwith. TOMORROW may be another story. But this site has been sooo helpful.

As far as how I'm going to get through work tomorrow, I'll probably spend the day making sure all my jobs are covered while I'm gone. I'm a secretary and we had a meeting a few weeks ago to assign who'd do what while I'm gone. I also plan to rub it in to all the other women - that when I come back I'M NEVER GOING TO HAVE A PERIOD AGAIN!

My hubby & I are planning a trip to Jamaica next year - when I'm all healed and I won't have to guess on when in my cycle I'll be able to go. I haven't been too regular lately - anywhere from 25 to 32 days - tough to count the days even a few months down the road. Went to a honeymoon resort in the Poconos last November. It was originally planned for October - had to reschedule cuz of the cycle.

Anyway. keep reading these posts! They've helped me tremendously! Think of me on Wednesday; I'll be thinking of you, along with all the other February 20th princesses!

Good luck!

Debra

P.S.
I plan to write on the other side when I'm up to it. Drop us a post as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2002, 05:30 PM
Hello Ladies

Another 2/20 here too!

Had my pre ops today, and I am so happy to have some questions answered. However, silly me also decided to work tomorrow and I have tons of stuff to do before leaving. I will be passing work around to my staff and assigning different jobs for each person. I have already talked to a coworker who will be handling my caseload of clients but I still need to wrap up a zillion small things. I will hopefully be skipping out of my office by 2 pm, if no crises arise during the day.

My crying spell was yesterday and part of today. Although I am a therapist trying to help everyone else, today my coworkers were helping ME. Kinda felt good to let my guard down and let it out too!!!

I have everything ready except dropping the last minute items into my suitcase...I am as ready as I will ever be. Have all the information I need, friends and family support, paperwork signed, aftercare plans taken care of, work situations taken care of......all I gotta do is wait.....and wait.....and wait.......
Unread 02-18-2002, 07:21 PM
me too!!

I'm in on 2/20 too! O go in for my pre-op stuff and a visit with the doc tomorrow.
Here's wishing all of us a happy and speedy recovery!

See ya in post op!

tlc
Unread 02-18-2002, 08:49 PM

((((Patti))))

I know how you feel! I found it VERY difficult to focus on anything before my surgery, too! I was useless.

Hang in there, sweetie! We're right here for ya!

Soon you will be a crowned princess, relaxing and enjoying a nice, smooth recovery!

(((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 02-19-2002, 04:13 AM
Good Luck!

Good luck to all of the 2/20 LIW's. I will be saying my daily prayer for a safe castle stay and a quick recovery for you all. Every person that crosses over before me gives me the strength and courage to take that walk myself soon. My prayers are with you and here's a little to brighten your day!
Unread 02-19-2002, 04:46 AM

Those little "breakdowns" are part of the process, and I think they help calm you down, release some of that pent up anxiety. Soon it will be over and you will be so glad! Looking forward to hearing how you are doing on the post side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register