Scheduled TAH So nervous of unknowns HELP please! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So nervous of unknowns HELP please! So nervous of unknowns HELP please!

Unread 01-11-2014, 11:04 PM
So nervous of unknowns HELP please!

OK, I am feeling conflicted in an unusual way.
1. I know I need a hysterectomy, OK with surgery
2. Not feeling sad about losing parts
3. Worried most about the 'C' aspect, unknown still
4. Worried about loss of interest in sex, or sex being fun
5. Now here is the unusual - I feel like my options are ovarian cancer (if I keep an ovary) or breast CA (if I do BOS, HRT).
Mother had uterine CA, grandmother had ovarian CA, uncle had breast CA
I have search the site to find out info about all options, but it is making me more anxious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Re: So nervous of unknowns HELP please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collfire View Post
OK, I am feeling conflicted in an unusual way.
1. I know I need a hysterectomy, OK with surgery
2. Not feeling sad about losing parts
3. Worried most about the 'C' aspect, unknown still
4. Worried about loss of interest in sex, or sex being fun
5. Now here is the unusual - I feel like my options are ovarian cancer (if I keep an ovary) or breast CA (if I do BOS, HRT).
Mother had uterine CA, grandmother had ovarian CA, uncle had breast CA
I have search the site to find out info about all options, but it is making me more anxious.
Colfire...I can understand your conflict..You have a lot to think about and ultimately have to make the decision and that is stressful.. As for the cancer...Have you been tested for the Brac 1 and 2 gene? Sounds like you may qualify for testing and then it might help you to make the decision. I had it done as well because I had breast cancer as well as my sister and aunt..I was negative. I had decided to remove my ovaries anyway before I found out results based on my own breast cancer and prior history of melanoma. Have you talked to your doctor about it? Also, as for the sex, I am post menopause, and the surgery did not change my desire or ability to have an 'O.' I think if you search the threads on sex you will find that many of the sisters have the same or better sex after the hysterectomy. But it's good you are asking these questions now so you can be fully prepared to make your choices. Hope this helped in some way.
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:30 PM

Colfire...one more thing...I can attest to the fact that this site can make one more anxious..it can be daunting! but it has been so much more helpful and a godsend than anything or anyone else in my life at this point. If for nothing else than you will always have someone to listen to and help you with your concerns. And there are lots and lots of good endings here...stay positive..and go with your gut. hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collfire View Post
...5. Now here is the unusual - I feel like my options are ovarian cancer (if I keep an ovary) or breast CA (if I do BOS, HRT)....
Do you mean that you don't like the option to not keep an ovary and not do HRT? Menopause isn't that bad, though I'm not fond of the hot flashes (especially at a job interview when they ask a question and suddenly I'd turn red and break into a sweat, ha! Thankfully I didn't know I had endometrial cancer so I used HRT creams and got through some interviews and got a job. The hormones fed the cancer but got me good health insurance coverage).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register