Scared need advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared need advice Scared need advice

Unread 09-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Scared need advice

Hi ladies
I'm new here. A quick history. The last 6-12 months I've had increasing problems. Bleeding and pain after sex, severe period cramps that have needed strong pain meds, spotting most days and finally bit the bullet and saw a gyno. He thinks Adenimyosis and I'm booked for a lap etc. but I have now been bleesing for a month straight and just flooded at work right down into my socks. Been on the pill to help which makes me crook and feel pregnant so hormones don't seem an option. Gyno hinted towards hysterectomy but I wasn't ready to hear it. Today I am. My question is should I just bight the bullet and go for the hyst and jump past the lap. Both he and the Doctor think I'm avoiding the inevitable and that it will have to happen eventually. I'm scared, don't have much of a pain threshold and am just wondering whether I should bother with the other surgeries or just go straight for the jugular so to speak?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Scared need advice

Hello!
I've been where you are and it's awful - especially bleeding so much to the socks - horrible! I don't know how old you are, but I tried everything first, my decision to have the hysterectomy was years in the making (I'm 50) and even though I had years of suffering and various surgeries - I am glad that I did wait so long. Hysterectomy is absolutely permenent and affects much more than just the parts that are hurting you now, it's full body! I am in instant menopause and even those that keep ovaries can still have whole body issues. This is such a great site for all sorts of help and ideas... I wish you a pain free future and hope that this community will be a great resource to you as it has been for me!
Unread 09-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Scared need advice

I'm 38, feel like I'm going to go through these ops and end up in the same situation. Can't go through this for another 15 years or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Scared need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delik8 View Post
I'm 38, feel like I'm going to go through these ops and end up in the same situation. Can't go through this for another 15 years or so.
Yeah - it's years of suffering, I know - I still am doing the math as I heal currently, I figured the bleeding for me could have lasted another 5 years. I think I e made the best descision - but time will tell. I know you're in pain, just be very, very sure. As I read through the many posts on this site I am grateful that I am doing well. So many sisters are struggling with different problems that happened because of the surgery and/or lack of hormones. Instant menopause for me has been quite the crazy!

Hugs Delik8! You are not alone... So many of us dealing with pain from our parts! Two things have already made me happy though... No bleeding at all! Yay! And for the 1st time in decades, I'm not anemic!! Yay! Keeping prayers flowing that all stays well... And that you find the answers you need to help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register