Returning to work on Monday...scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to work on Monday...scared Returning to work on Monday...scared

Unread 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Returning to work on Monday...scared

Hi! I love that chair idea too. I have a little 3 year old granddaughter who does the same thing-runs at me with her arms out and up (so very hard to resist!). We explained to her that I had a "booboo belly" and she had to be very careful with me so as not to hurt it. She did very well. Every time she came over, one of the first things she asked me was "do you still have booboo belly?" while gently patting my belly. For hugs, she would climb on the couch and cuddle up beside me. I think it would be okay to explain it that way to the kids and they'd understand with an occasional reminder. Gentle Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM

I'm also going back tomorrow... I guess I had a very understanding doctor because she gave me 3 half days for my first week then two weeks of half days I feel great and look forward to getting back to it but I am very very grateful for the reduced hours. I'm sure I'll appreciate the extra down time
Unread 07-16-2006, 09:50 PM

Hi sisters!
Everyone has great advice.
I work in daycare and am back to work part time. Thank God for substitutes who really want the hours! I've worked some part days and some full days (6 hrs) but not everyday, yet. I too dropped in a few times to say hello. I never pick up a child who doesn't have to be put on the changing table and then they can climb up on the toilet below the fold down table so there isn't much lifting.
I tell them we can snuggle if I sit down first. I don't have much trouble pulling a child onto my lap, most climb right on up into an open lap anyway. I have problems with my back so they learn from the start that I don't pick them up until I sit down.
The chair idea sounds great and the booboo belly should help any age understand. As long as you can wrap your arms around them that is all they really need or want.

Good luck, have fun, don't lift and leave at the half time. Then go home and lay down if you need to or at least put your feet up for awhile.
Heal well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. I am really looking forward to getting back to my kiddos, and my normal routine.

I am headed out the door for my first try at it today. You all have given me some wonderful ideas.
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Back from first day at work - Nap time...

Go figure... I was tired by 9h30am (and I start at 8h30!) I have a desk job and didn't expect to hit "the wall" at work but it just goes to show... I came home at noon, had a sandwich then took a nice long nap. I go back again on wednesday
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:19 PM

so how was your first day back...and i hope your resting now....
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:20 PM

Well, I'm back at work today, after 8 weeks off courtesy of my doctor! I sure can't say that I'm not recovered enough - though that doesn't mean I might not get pretty pooped by the end of today. The last couple of weeks have been wonderful. I've been feeling so rested and getting back to normal (or better than the old normal in some ways!). I'm kind of sad to give up my couch potato life, but all good things must come to an end. I'm just thankful that the whole surgery and recovery experience was a very good one for me, and I'm grateful for all the advice and info I got here!
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I did it!!!

The day went GREAT!!! I spent the morning listening to stories of what the kiddos had been doing while I was gone, and then we ate snack. Before I knew it, lunch was over, and it was time for me to go. I sure am glad I decided to go back.

I'm really tired, so I think I'll go to the and probably fall asleep while . I hope everyone has a FABULOUS day, and I will check back in later.

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:55 PM

Hi Everyone-
I'm back at work since yesterday. Didn't post because I fell asleep as soon as I got home. Today was better, not so tired. Everyone welcomed me back. I have a little swelly belly but so far that is all. I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm happy so far. To all who are looking forward to returning to activities, take care and ease into them.
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:01 PM

I am supposed to start back to work in school the 25th of August.... I work with special needs kids and haven't seen them since I missed the whole last week of work because I was so sick. It will be interesting because they will have all kinds of questions..... just not looking forward to classroom set up week

Glad you made it through the first day back!

Marti

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register