Swelly Belly support needed !!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly support needed !!!!! Swelly Belly support needed !!!!!

Unread 08-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Re: Swelly Belly support needed !!!!!

It must eventually go away. I had a little internal bleeding on right so I looked like a lopsided 8mths preg couple days after surgery. I measured my waist and it was like 48 inches. Normally like 30. So after that I started measuring every few days it fluctuates a little, but almost back to normal. There have been days when I felt I was really swollen, but actually wasn't. Hang in there eventually it has to end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2012, 06:58 AM

It DOES end! Never give up hope!

I was despairing at about the 6 month mark, but by about 7 months it was disappearing. I do still swell if I've been extremely active, but can wear all my "old" clothes again.

I think it depends also on how invasive your surgery is.
It's "just" inflammation that takes a long time to heal.

But, so as not to get fat as well, it's good to walk and not over-eat as a comfort!
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:49 PM

I bought some really cute maternity shorts and Capri pants. The band is comforting on my belly and you can't tell that they're maternity. I'm thinking I'll go back and get some pants for work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaineyLaine View Post
Swelly belly is inflammation from injury no different than a swollen ankle when you sprain it. I am 4 mos po and mine is pretty much gone, but it can rear its ugly head if I've done too much or been on my feet too much. Remember initial recovery is 6-8 wks, full recovery 6 mos - 1 yr. But it does get better with time
Ah..my sisters in hyster; it does get better with time?
I'm 4 weeks post op TAH- my doctor went thru my old cesarean incision(26+ years ago) and for the most part I can say that I got "swelly belly" too. Now, mind you I am a very thin woman- but the paramour said I looked 5 months pregnant 5 days post op!
If you have a binder which goes from mid rib cage down to your waist? I think you can use that with your ice packs.
I keep ice packs (3) in the freezer and I have a cover for it (it's made by procare) and a 4.5 inch stretchy band with velcro on the ends so I can attach it to my ice pack and adjust it to my waist or my incision (around the hips) to put that ice pack where I need it! It is true that there's a lot going inside of our bodies! If I do too much, I do swell up; as well as watching the foods I eat which might cause bloating as well. I know I shouldn't drink carbonated drinks but I do on occasion. Just hang in there, loves..
And eventually; that old "swelly belly" will be gone in no time!
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaineyLaine View Post
Swelly belly is inflammation from injury no different than a swollen ankle when you sprain it. I am 4 mos po and mine is pretty much gone, but it can rear its ugly head if I've done too much or been on my feet too much. Remember initial recovery is 6-8 wks, full recovery 6 mos - 1 yr. But it does get better with time
Thank you! You have given me HOPE! 4 monthes......
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM

Good to know. Having some swelly belly too...will be 4 months post Sept 7. Have gained 10 lbs too...and have my ovaries...but thinking might be because i am not as active and had a pinched nerve. any thoughts on losing weight? my levels are good.

thanks
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeesh2 View Post
Good to know. Having some swelly belly too...will be 4 months post Sept 7. Have gained 10 lbs too...and have my ovaries...but thinking might be because i am not as active and had a pinched nerve. any thoughts on losing weight? my levels are good.

thanks
Pinched nerve? Did it start in your bum and shoot down your thigh??? I had that for 2 few weeks. I figured it was from the month of laying around.
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM

Sciatica...yup...ice and atretch helped. And u had slipped.
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Swelly Belly support needed !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredamI View Post
I am 3 days away from being 6 weeks post op. I had an abdominal hyst. My tummy is still tender and VERY swollen. Does this ever go away? I am so tired of sweats and sundresses.....
Hey don't feel like the lone ranger. I'm beginning to see mine like my period. It just comes and goes when it pleases. No rhythm to the madness. I feel like I should be on one of those weightloss commercials. Before, after, before, after...lol
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM

yes , pretty much swelly belly every night sense surgery . I was 10 weeks thursday . Been back at work for 2 weeks and even worse cause I'm on my feet over 8 or 9 hrs . sucks but part of the healing process as I'm told . ugh just wished it would hurry on up ...lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register