Six days post-op: no BM (updated!) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six days post-op: no BM (updated!) Six days post-op: no BM (updated!)

Unread 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Six days post-op: no BM (updated!)

I'm 6 days post op and still haven't had a poo yet. Drinking gallons of water, had prune juice yday & day before and really feel like I want to go then feeling passes as soon as I sit on the loo! Going to increase my intake of prune juice tmrw, eat pears & fingers crossed the earth will move!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Re: 5 days later - I want to poo

yes, keep drinking prune juice, also try stool softeners and/or calcium /magnesium vitamins helped alot. if still nothing happening, try 'milk of magnesia', but do it in small doses to not overwhelm your system. hang in there, i remember how horribly painful that was but you don't want to force it, it will happen. godspeed to your bowels, lol.
hang in there, you'll feel better soon!
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:37 PM

I am 5 days post op tomorrow and am sooooooo uncomfortable! My husband is tired of hearing me pass gas, burp, and telling him i NEED to poo!!! Badly! Actually, he laughs, then i get mad because i cant laugh because it hurts to laugh! Ughhhh!😩
So, took laxative day 2, 3, then realized i should have taken stool softener (also). Hope tomorrow it is game on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2014, 03:00 AM

Well sisters, I am delighted to report that I finally did a poo..a big one!
Talking about it must have opened the floodgates as about 2 hours after my posting I had a BM! Painful on my stomach muscles at first but some advice from the hospital was to put your feet up on a small box (shoe box size) when you first poo as it takes the pressure off the lower abdominal muscles. It really worked for me and made the effort far less painful.

Will keep taking prune juice for next while as precaution and to keep me regular.

Best of luck and hang in there
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:33 AM

I found that out of all the things that I tried only one thing worked for me. It is called Prunelax. After months of trying many things I took one dose and wow what an amazing thing. No cramps or pain just soft easy poo. Not watery, but nice and soft so there was no straining. That is always good. Good luck to all of you! Hang in there it all gets better.
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Re: Six days post-op: no BM (updated!)

Plumsmart juice.Lighter,tastier and works better than plain prune juice for me. It is next to the prune juice in the store.It is made by Sunsweet.
Unread 02-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Re: Six days post-op: no BM (updated!)

30 mls mom at bedtime.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register