Ugh just want this done - Oct 27 sooooo far away! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ugh just want this done - Oct 27 sooooo far away! Ugh just want this done - Oct 27 sooooo far away!

Unread 09-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Re: Ugh just want this done - Oct 27 sooooo far away!

I feel your pain October 6th feels like years away. Mother nature is visiting me now and I'm miserable. Glad to know I have people I chat with that share my feelings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2016, 07:36 PM

I feel ya! I also suffer from terrible periods and clotting. The meds didn't help me either. My last period was over 90 days! I even had to get a transfusion. So I mean it could be worse...

When I scheduled my surgery I had forever to go too. 6 weeks felt like torture. But now my surgery is in a few days. I can't believe it's come so fast!

Just try to keep busy the best you can. Focus on getting nice and healthy for recovery. Like eating right and getting exercise. Do some "spring" cleaning. Buy yourself something nice.

I really hope the time goes by quickly for you! I hope you have a nice text book surgery and a smooth speedy recovery.
Unread 09-08-2016, 10:15 PM

I completely agree! I have to wait until October 31st. I am keeping track of the weeks, days, hours etc...Originally, I was scheduled for November 14th! They were at least able to move it up to 10/31.
I keep telling myself I only have to endure the unpleasantries a few more times and then it will stop. That is making it a little easier, although the anxiety is pretty strong at times.
I asked to be on the cancellation list and told them to call even if it is only a few days before any sooner open date.
I am going to have all my FMLA forms for work completed and ready to accommodate a hopeful date change, mag citrate ready to go (such fun), and the soap packet for the preop hibilcens scrub is smiling at me every time I open the bathroom cabinet.
I am sad that I will be missing Trick or Treat due to the bowel prep the day before surgery, and of course Halloween.
I was thinking of putting a sign on the front door that says
"Trick or Treat, Monsters do Moan, sorry, no candy today, I'm sitting on the throne!" I don't think trick or treaters and their guardians would appreciate that so I won't really do it, but it would be funny.

We will make it! Each day is one day closer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:31 PM

I feel everyone's pain! The doctors and I decided on a hysterectomy mid-June, but I opted to wait until November due to my work schedule. I'm so looking forward to being done! Thankfully I have a vacation to look forward to during the waiting!
Unread 09-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Thanks for all the support ladies. It means a lot!
Period has started up again
Actually can't be too mad - it has been behaving somewhat - watch now i have jinxed myself lol
49 days left. Broke the 50 mark.
Unlike some, and i really feel for those who are, but I am not scared, I am actually quite excited! How sad is that!?!?!

Hang in there everyone and thanks again.

Jodie
Unread 09-10-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorola View Post
Unlike some, and i really feel for those who are, but I am not scared, I am actually quite excited! How sad is that!?!?!

Jodie
I don't think it's sad at all. I mean, this is a solution to your problems. It will make things better. It's not sad to be excited to have your issues fixed, right?

I have to wait until December, by my own choice, as I just finally started back to University to finish my degree, and I want to finish out the semester. I've paid too much money, LOL!
Unread 09-16-2016, 10:27 PM

Did some online shopping for post surgery clothes
Had to celebrate 41 days left somehow right?
Thanks for all the suggestions on the freezer meals but ladies I must brag here, my DH is my own personal chef
I know I know I am one lucky chickie!
He is a stay at home husband due to severe arterial disease in his left leg and recently survived stage 3b lung cancer. He used to burn water but after learning to adjust to being at home he learned to cook and WOW did he ever. So I am also super lucky as I will have him with me he entire time i am off.
I had to use up my remaining holidays from work before i went off for surgery so I have Oct 14 to 26 off to straighten up the house and relax and do whatever else I need to to get ready. Thanks to all the posts I have been reading on here and in the post surgery forum i think I am already set. So just twiddling my thumbs...well thumb, i had a thumb injury last Friday shuffling cards. Don't ask just go with getting old sucks and leave it at that.
Unread 09-18-2016, 12:34 AM
Ugh just want this done - Oct 27 sooooo far away!

I am counting down with you, my surgery is scheduled for the same day and it seems like forever. Like you, I am so anxious to get this over and done with.
Unread 09-18-2016, 01:34 AM

We'll hang in the post recovery thread together - it'll be fun!

We are down to 39 days! Broke the 40 mark now.
Unread 09-19-2016, 02:27 PM

Hi.
I feel the same! Still more than 4 weeks to go for me and I feel like I've been waiting forever.

Keeping busy is key but I'm running out of idea! Nice to hear from you all though.

Can someone tell me what you mean by the counter? Am I missing something - I could do with a a countdown!

X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register