Hello I am Post Day 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello I am Post Day 9 Hello I am Post Day 9

Unread 08-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Hello I am Post Day 9

Hello everyone, I had an abdominal historectomy on Wednesday July 26th. On Friday I had extreme constipation so they gave me a bottle of fleet to drink and then I was vomiting and in pain for hrs but my bowels would not move. So they ended up giving me a fleet enima. It was terrible worse then the surgery itself. After that they sent me home the next morning. Since I had to go back to the Er room to have a catheder reinserted because I had a blood clot blocking my urine.

Wednesday Aug 2 I had my staples removed and am generally feeling better. But I am still having weird odor and frequent urinating that seems so hard to get out. I have to stop and go so many times before my bladder empties and at the end there is a strong pain in my bladder. I am also having extreme gas pains off and on then usually followed by diareah. I am taking stool softner 1 a day and just tylonol extra streneth for pain as they would not give me any demerol....I wish I had them many a night.

Anyone relate to me? Am I normal?
Thanks for your help,
Hysterdar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Hello I am Post Day 9

I am sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your bowel and bladder. Have you discussed these with your doctor yet?

I had a similar experience (I say similar because I didn't get the Fleet enema or drink after surgery)...but I did have trouble going poo at first.

I had pain in my bladder & bowels at first because they are muscles - and I was having muscle spasms. I have muscle relaxers here at home that I took when Aunt Flo visited - and that quieted down the muscle spasms in my bowel and bladder. (I did talk with my doctor first.)

I used Senokot S to help get things going at first. Once everything started working again - I keep them working with fiber, fresh fruits and veggies, and occassionally prune juice. When I overdo this stuff - I do get diahreah.

I also have trouble peeing. I've posted a lot about it in the HysterSisters Special Needs - Bladder Matters. It seems that several of us have that problem. Several other women were able to have that taken care of when they called their doctor. I'm waiting to talk to my doctor about my peeing problems at my 4 week check up next week.

I do hope you feel better soon. Please keep up updated.

Noni
Unread 08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello I am Post Day 9

Hello Hysterdar,

I hope you will be filling better soon. The first week is the hardest. My surgery was July 24 & it was this past Weds. when I actually started to feel better. I, too, ended up having to take an enema 3 days after surgery (it is pretty nasty!). Unfortunately, the pain meds/anesthesia cause constipation. Watch the pain in your bladder, though. It is common after this type of surgery to get urinary tract infections, especially since you were catherized more than once. I would call the Dr if pain & hard time urinating doesn't stop. You may need an antibiotic.
What kind of odor are you having? I noticed an odor when I urinate & at the end of the day my whole body seems to reak of the same weird odor. I spoke to my friend today who had a hysterectomy last year & her Dr. told her it was from all the meds. /anesthesia. I feel like it's coming out of my pores. I shower twice a day. Is that what you're experiencing?
Good luck to you & I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Ciana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Thank you

Yes I have been in the shower 2-3 times a day just feeling gross. Must be just an after surgery thing . I had my gal bladder removed 2 years agao but don't remember this. Thanks for the replys. This is all new to me. I was 33 in January and seems to be all down hill since. Luckly I have 2 beautiful boys already that are 8 and 10. So my childbearing years are over. I also have kept both ovaries. Most say this is a good thing although I feel hot and then cold all the time. Think i might still be going through the change.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register