Anyone have a tummy tuck with their TAH? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have a tummy tuck with their TAH? Anyone have a tummy tuck with their TAH?

Unread 04-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Anyone have a tummy tuck with their TAH?

I have horrible stretch marks from having my DD and my PS said that he will be able to get rid of all but an inch or two of those. When he marked my stomach to show me what he was removing, it was about six inches of skin and I was stunned! I'm not really overweight but have some fatty areas I'd like to get rid of, but I'm not having any liposuction with mine, he said I wouldn't need it.

My PS will come in and mark the incision site, the GYN will do the hyst, then PS comes back in to do his stuff. They said about 4-5 hours total.

LOL, about the buns and thighs. I'll have to work on those too, but as I have v. small boobs, I'm excited about my tummy not sticking out further than my chest! My hubby keeps asking if I'll get a belly button ring for my new belly button! (I wonder if you'd be able to do that or if the scar would prevent it?) I think he's as keen for me to do it as I am.

Of course, I do worry about having a perfect belly, then everything else will look bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2004, 12:46 PM

Mellicole,
About the weight, it's only been 10 days post-op for me but, I had a problem, the ovarian cysts I had caused some weird hormonal problems that made me retain pounds of fluid. By the boat load apparantly. The first days following the surgery, I filled my cath bag to the brim over and over, to the nurses great annoyance. Then over the weekend I filled the "toilet hat" too many times for them to keep track, they didn't come often enough to dump it and measure, so I just started dumping it myself! LOL Well, I HAD TO GO and couldn't wait for them anymore! lol This was SO above and beyond the IV fluids I had gotten, and they had stopped those right after my surgery. I still continue to deflate, daily! It was just so weird that immediately after the hysterectomy, I started losing the bloat and fluid like that! Everyone can tell my face, arms and legs are thin again. I'm so relieved. I cna't wait to heal and be NORMAL again!Puppet
Unread 04-26-2004, 05:18 PM

That fluid thing sounds like me, too. I saw a picture my FIL took of me at Easter, and I wanted to cry! I am huge--I am still wearing the same clothes, but you can easily see the bloat in my face and upper body. I am so excited! I have never been a big person, but my weight continues to climb, and I am sure most of it has to be fluid--I am not eating any more, infact probably less--I get fuller faster with this alien crowding out all my other organs. It will be a big relief, let me tell you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register