Age 68 & doing well at 2-3 weeks post op LATVH | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Age 68 & doing well at 2-3 weeks post op LATVH Age 68 & doing well at 2-3 weeks post op LATVH

Unread 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Age 68 & doing well at 2-3 weeks post op LATVH

I haven't seen any posts from post op ladies in their 60's. Are any of you in my age bracket out there? I just want to compare apples to apples!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Re: Age 68 & doing well at 2-3 weeks post op LATVH

Hello MVH, I'll be 64 this month and am about 7 weeks post op DvH/BSO.

I'm now feeling great despite a whole boatload of medical complications and family issues. My little dog died, dental surgery to remove a jaw bone spur, 96 year old father (who I care for in his home) fell and broke his hip, on antibiotics 4 times post op...

The hot flashes/night sweats have arrived (again) and sleep is disrupted.

How about you?
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM

Sorry to hear of your other complications! This surgery alone is enough without other trauma. I hope you are getting support from other family & friends. I found that even cards & phone calls help.

Insomnia & mild hot flashes are an issue for me. I was on HRT for 25 years & am trying to taper off .30 Prempro over the next few months. I really believe the many years of HRT caused the complex hyperplasia atypia which was found during a DNC a month before hys. I feel blessed to have discovered this before a possible malignancy & also to have a caring, compe-
tent surgeon who used a lap.

My best wishes for a full recovery soon.
Why did you have surgery?

MVH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 05:22 AM

MVH, had surgery for endometrial cancer. Two years ago I had an endometrial biopsy that was benign. Began HRT patch with progesterone pills for hot flashes (every 30 minute to one hour), but developed endometrial cancer while on HRT. I'm suspicious of HRT also. It may have been a coincidence, but maybe not.

Good to know that you're doing well, except for the "power surges"/ hot flashes. They're no fun!

I have support from my husband who mows two lawns (ours and theirs) keeps two houses running, shops, cooks. My siblings ask what they can do, but then suggest hiring someone. That's not help.
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:39 AM

I am 64, I had TVH/BSO on April 18th and I have done great, I believe. I feel so much better than before and to just not have the bleeding that I had prior is such a blessing. My quality of life is improving. I could hardly go anywhere prior because of the heavy bleeding. There isn't much about us older ladies on here so I am glad to hear from you.
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:49 AM

My hubby is great, too. We changed to a plant based whole foods diet several months ago after seeing the movie ForksOverKnives. He's cooking delicious meals, so we don't miss meat or dairy. I am convinced that diet also is a cancer factor.

We moved to Orlando less than two years ago & have no family here, so we are on our own except for a few church friends, who have been kind.

Another tip---I've been listening to healing guided imagery as I fall asleep. There's scientific evidence that g.i. helps cancer patients during treatments, so maybe it can help speed healing for us.

Keep believing that your body can heal itself if you treat it properly.

MVH

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register