Scheduled dVH/RALH Tomorrow is the big day! (2/10) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the big day! (2/10) Tomorrow is the big day! (2/10)

Unread 02-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Tomorrow is the big day! (2/10)

I take my trip to the castle tomorro. After being cancelled 2 weeks ago,it looks like it will happen even with another blizzard expected.
I woke up calm this morning,then had a phone call from a supposed friend who went into detail about how much I upset her 10 days ago, and it sent me into a crying jag. She was supposed to bring me home when discharged,and she said "I will do this because I promised,but don't expect me to be all warm and fuzzy. Some support... I have contacted another woman from the support group and she will take me into the hospital,and will see if she can also bring me home. I don't have any family to call on,and I have been feeling quite depressed since the earlier call.
Also I have taken all the stuff for my bowell prep and NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! It has been 6 hours and NOTHING. After all my preparations the past 2 months,now I feel very unprepared. I will be majorly stressed out if they can't do the surgery because of this. Alternatively I will be horrified if it happens in the OR.
Looking for some last minute support,and I send well wishes to my sister's who are having their surgery tomorrow also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Re: Tomorrow is the big day!

Hi. I'm sorry the one friend upset you. Try not to focus on her and what she said. Instead just try to relax and focus on you. You've spent 2 months preparing for this and you'll be fine. I'm sure the bowel issue will work itself out. I imagine if the bowel prep doesn't do what it's supposed to do, they will be able to take care of that issue at the hospital before your surgery. Hang in there.

Good luck with your surgery and hope you have an uneventful recovery.
Unread 02-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Good luck hope the BM's start soon, and don't worry about your "friend" focus on yourself. You are on this journey for a reason, stay strong hugs coming your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM

Thank you ladies. I would not know how I would have managed without this website,and for kind sisters!
Unread 02-09-2015, 07:12 PM

Hello...You are In The home stretch

I am so sorry you had to deal with the unnecessary stress of a crabby person. Just try to focus on the kind friend that will be taking you tomorrow and think of the big picture.

Hopefully the bowel prep has kicked in a bit, but just do your best to relax...with a movie, good book, etc...

We all wish you an uneventful surgery and a good recovery.

Best of luck! We will be here to welcome you after your op
Unread 02-09-2015, 07:52 PM

Hang in there! Just relax and focus on positive thoughts. Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 02-09-2015, 09:25 PM

As the other ladies have said, try to relax and don't dwell on the friend issue. Right now you really need to focus on YOU. I hope your bowel prep has started working and you're doing okay. I'll be thinking of you and the other ladies having their surgeries as I'm going in for my preop tomorrow!
Unread 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Tomorrow is the big day! (2/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJRZ57 View Post
I take my trip to the castle tomorro. After being cancelled 2 weeks ago,it looks like it will happen even with another blizzard expected.
I woke up calm this morning,then had a phone call from a supposed friend who went into detail about how much I upset her 10 days ago, and it sent me into a crying jag. She was supposed to bring me home when discharged,and she said "I will do this because I promised,but don't expect me to be all warm and fuzzy. Some support... I have contacted another woman from the support group and she will take me into the hospital,and will see if she can also bring me home. I don't have any family to call on,and I have been feeling quite depressed since the earlier call.
Also I have taken all the stuff for my bowell prep and NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!! It has been 6 hours and NOTHING. After all my preparations the past 2 months,now I feel very unprepared. I will be majorly stressed out if they can't do the surgery because of this. Alternatively I will be horrified if it happens in the OR.
Looking for some last minute support,and I send well wishes to my sister's who are having their surgery tomorrow also.
Good luck to you and all others facing surgery. All will be well. Check in when you're up to it. Best..
Unread 02-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Just swinging by to wish you all the very best with your surgery and we will all be waiting for you on the other side
Unread 02-10-2015, 12:09 AM

I hope all went well!!! Prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register