Finally got a date for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally got a date for surgery Finally got a date for surgery

Unread 12-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Finally got a date for surgery

I finally got to see a dr. here where we moved to in Ohio, he set my surgery up for the 28th of Jan. Now I'm scared silly again. He said he thought it was best to leave my o's in, since I am a smoker and can't go on HRT.

I am 36 yrs old, and being going through a lot of pain lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2002, 11:13 PM

Welcome and glad that you got a date....hope that the time will fly by. The worse part is the waiting and you need to keep busy to keep yourself out of trouble and keep you from worrying. Find things to keep yourself occupied like getting your house ready for no housekeeper for 6 weeks. My house was spotless before I left to go to the castle. Also make sure that you have enough to get you by while you are laid up. I got a bunch of craft projects ready to do while I was on the mend. You might also want to make up some casseroles and have them ready for your family to cook while you are gone and after you return. And just remember that you will be a princess with your crown when you return.

TAH/BSO 8/20/02 for endo and fibroids.
On Vivelle dot 0.1mg for hrt and doing well thank you
Unread 12-26-2002, 10:32 AM

(((Angie))),

If you haven't done so already, take a look at the pull-down menus on the Home page titled "Ladies in Waiting". There is a lot of great info there to help you get prepared before your surgery. Try to keep yourself busy preparing; read & post here & it will help calm your nerves & pass the time.

As so many of us have discovered, *waiting* truly is the hardest part!

Best wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2002, 04:32 PM

I remember how I felt before I got my surgery date. I was trying to get some things done so I didnt have to worry about it afterwards.

When I finally got my date, I was so relieved, i think I cried. It was nice to have a timeline to work with and an end to years of feeling so bad.

The wait is the roughest part of all this. Please try to focus on the end result which will leave you feeling better than you think.

Things will get better for you and it will be over with soon and you will be sporting that beautiful shiny new crown. Dont forget to follow the princess mantra and you will do great. Actually you can start it now....the walks may help you stay busy and focused on the better side to come.

Best wishes and good luck to you.

s
Unread 12-27-2002, 08:12 PM

Thank you all, I feel so much better now. I was to start back to college on the 7th and now I know I can't do that, so I have been thinking of things I can do here at the house and work. My problem is I can't stand to be in the house 24/7.

Thank you for your help.
Unread 12-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Same Date!

Hi Angie,

We are scheduled for the same castle date!
I recently moved to VA where I can't continue my birth control because I am also a smoker and my fibroids just grew wild, rubbing against my bladder and kidneys. I was never in pain until they started poking around at me though. I see my wonderful Lady Dr/Surgeon again on Monday, but I am still nervous. I didn't get a second opinion because I saw the test results and have a lot of confidence in her.
For my recovery period I am planning on moving a comfy chair by the window by the bird feeders, and picking up my old tarot cards I haven't looked at in years. I also bought a book on quilting - but that is probably a real long shot for me, lol. I do like to read and am collecting piles of books from family and friends. My dh ordered me the full cable-tv package for 3 months, which is very nice, but a week of Lifetime is more than enough for me - lol.
It's a shame you have to postpone your classes, but it is probably better you get your pain out of the way so you can concentrate.
Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register