Fast growing fibroids - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fast growing fibroids Fast growing fibroids

Unread 06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Fast growing fibroids

Skystorm Poppy,

I had a case of quick growing HUGE, multiple fibroids that led to adenomyosis and was progressing to endometriosis. I didn't want to waste time on medical treatments such as drugs because I was so uncomfortable, tired and feeling sick. I'm overjoyed I had a TAH/BSO six weeks ago. I feel great, have lost 18lbs, am able to exercise much better, feel drastically better and more comfortable. I hadn't realized untill I started feeling better just how low feeling I had gotten. Uterine disease can be fast or slow, small or large. In any case it usually does not lead to good outcomes and can steal your energy and health. Hopefully your pathology will come back like the vast majority do-ok. If not at least you will be able to take treatment now rather than waiting and waiting. Be brave and make healthy choices! Love Noom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Fast growing fibroids

Skystorm,

I had 2 cm fibroids and within 12 months they both grew to over 5 cm. During that year I was on birth control pills and taking iron supplements for my anemia. Both can cause fibroids to grow. I can't prove it, but believe that to be the cause of my rapid growth. My fibroids were very uncomfortable -- pushing on my bladder and my spine. I had LSH on 1/28 and have been in heaven since. The pathology report showed the fibroids were benign as is with most.

Try to relax and remember that most sisters say the waiting is the worst part.

Take care,

Linda
Unread 06-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Fast growing fibroids

My fibroids were initially discovered in August, 2004. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound to get a better idea of the size. After reviewing the results, he reassured me nothing needed to be done as I wasn't having problems and since I was already 50, he expected me to go through menopause within a few years and the fibroids would start shrinking.

Luckily, he sent me for a second ultrasound to compare it to the first and it had grown 33% after just 6 weeks. He said it would have to come out and recommended a hysterectormy. I ended up with a TLH/BSO.

Although I didn't have any symptoms, I'm glad my doctor didn't wait and I was able to have a TLH. I'm also fortunate that I do not have menopausal symptoms......yet......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register