Support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Support

Hysterectomy on 8/1/05 @ 28 from Endo. & PCOS Anyone in the same boat???? If so I would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Support

Hello fellow 08-01-05 princess! I had a SAH due to endo and huge fribroids. How 'u feelin' ??
Unread 10-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Support

Hooray! Someone in the same boat! I am doing great! It feels so good not to have to worry about the Endo pain coming back. Sometimes my brain can't even process it. I have had slight cramping like menstrual cramps? Have you experienced this or am I just crazy? I know there is [B]nothing[/b] there to cramp!? I'm not familiar with the SAH abbrevation. What is that? I had a complete Hysterectomy (Ovaries, Cervix). What about you? I am also on Climara patch & loving it!!! I did Lupron for 6 months in the treatment for Endo & I DON'T like being Hormone free! :eyes: I was Crazy.
I would love to hear back from you! :email:

05newme ~ Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Support

I probably should have had a hysterectomy at 28, but I just did it last month a few days before my 36th birthday. I struggled for years with PCOS and Endo. Never able to get pregnant, my dr started recomending a hysterectomy when I was 20. The pain finally got to be too much. I also had a TAH/BSO - total abdominal hysterectomy and the other means both ovaries were removed. I also had my cervix removed due to dysplasia. One ovary was the size of a kiwi with 3 egg sized cysts and hundreds of small ones. The other ovary had a softball sized adeno tumor. Endo had plastered my uterus to my back. Even with post surgery pain and drudgery, I already feel better than I did before surgery.

I did Lupron about 4 years ago and it made me pretty much insane. I am on a patch now and don't mind at all.
Unread 10-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Support

I had a TVH almost 6 weeks ago (my follow up is tomorrow!0. I had PCOS. Which my mom had so I knew the road I was following ahead of time. I should have had my hysterectomy at 27 but my DH was laid off and I didn't get medical with the work I did so I was out of luck. Once we got our medical back I had drs. telling me I was too young even though I had my tubes tied. And it was run around after run around. I got a new dr. in June and he said it was time to do something. I was on HRT for 5 years waiting for this time. I had so many people who kept saying " but you're going to have to go on HRT". Than I would have to explain that I was already on it so it wouldn't be much different. I had really heavy bleeding for about 2 years with 2 different HRT and then put on BCP for the remainder. I was getting to the point to where I wasn't even really having a period. Which I know can make matters worse. My ovaries were 3 times their normal size. My dr. may have told me more but I saw her the day after my surgery and I had taken a percocet so if she did I don't remember! Will find out more tomorrow at my appt.! I'm so glad to be done with everything. My life just seems so much easier!
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Support

TAH on Sept. 13.05 @s 35 cuz of endo, fibroids,andeno, and pcos. Yeah...my innards were mush! :-)

I was meant to have a hysterectomy when I was 29 because of a fibroid that was over a foot long.....but wanted to try and have a baby even though the chances weren't great. But, had her, had the hysterectomy....and feel better then I have since I was a teen!!!

This wasn't how I htought life would go.....but its still interesting and I am glad that we live in a time when we can have surgery.....I don't think I would have lasted much longer with such pain! The pain from the surgery was a 3 in comparision to the 10 i was feeling. UGH!!!!

With happy, woman-organ free smiles,
Rebecca
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Can relate

I’ve had PCOS. They found a fibroid in my uterus during internal exam, but small in comparison. Also found that my uterine wall is very thick. I feel so swollen I feel ready to explode.

I’m almost 45 and never married, but I’ve been holding out hope that I would be able to have a family someday. I’ve put up with a lot of pain over the last 5 years, but since no man is in the horizon and I wasn’t willing to try parenthood by myself (yikes!) time is up.
My mom had hers at age 35 due to gushing and pain off the scale. I should have known, I take after her in so many ways. (Just found out weeks ago that she had gone thru these same things! Difficult for her generation to talk about some of this stuff)
My surgery date was just set on Monday so I’m all over the map with emotions this week. Can’t sleep, etc. still so many things to think about. Counting the days. 49 to go. I counted out my packages of “the pill” and have about 56, so I don’t have to have a period before surgery. Last one was a doozy. Don’t want to go through that again if I can help it.
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Common Ground

Nice to meet you Rebecca. I agree with the surgery being a 3 compared to the Endo pain. I was also lucky & was able to have children despite the odds with help of Fertility Docs & much prayer!! When did you have your surgery? Did you also have Poly Cystic Ovaries? I was wondering how a hysterectomy affects Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. My Doc. said even though I no longer have ovaries I still have PCOS?? I just thank God the Endo is gone for Good!
Would love to hear back from you. :email:
05newme
~Shelly
Unread 10-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Support

Quote:
I agree with the surgery being a 3 compared to the Endo pain
That is what has amazed me the most! I started my last cycle the day before surgery and was not allowed to take any medicine. By the time surgery arrived the next afternoon, I was in extreme pain and it caused my blood pressure to rise into stroke levels. I had pain the next day after my lines to my IV and epidural broke, and as bad as they were, they were only slightly worse than the pain I had been having each month. I feel like I have been liberated!
Unread 10-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Endo Free!!!!

If only we would have know the relief before surgery huh? Just out of curosity have you had any menstrual cramps since your surgery. I keep having them & was wondering how crazy I am. Would love to know I am not alone, so I don't have to self admit to the half-way house
Take care!!
Shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register