Hallo everybody from across the Atlantic | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hallo everybody from across the Atlantic Hallo everybody from across the Atlantic

Unread 04-26-2001, 12:17 PM
Hallo everybody from across the Atlantic

Hallo everyone out there, I've just registered and I'm still getting to grips with the site which I find absolutely wonderful.
It's really interesting to read the topics under debate - I didn't know there was all this discussion about whether or not to retain ovaries, I just imagined they would be left! Actually I only have one ovary as I had a near fatal ectopic 13 years ago and lost my right tube and ovary then. I was sterilised a few years later, so I feel I've already done the "goodbye to my fertility" bit and the decision to have a hysterectomy is that much easier.
I have fibroids and heavy bleeding each month, whenever I'm going on holiday the **** thing turns upl My gynaecolgist has told me that the only solution is a vaginal hysterectomy, apparently I have a certain amount of prolapse and my uterus is 1.5 times bigger than it should be, I feel as if I've got an old wardrobe in there and about as attractive as an old bag lady....
Now I'm going to have to wait a while as I'm just starting a new job and I don't think I'd be too popular if I turned up and announced I was going off sick for 6 weeks...so I think I'll wait till December or so and just struggle on for a bit. It also gives me a chance to wait and be absolutely sure it's what I want.
My main concern has been the loss of cervix so I've read that thread avidly! It was also reassuring to read how other people get scared too before operations. When I went for my hysteroscopy I had a general anaesthetic and beforehand I was imagining myself like Rip Van Winkle and not waking up!
Finally (for the moment, I could go on for hours I'm afraid!) I was horrified to read about the insurance company blocking Brendann's operation. That's terrible. As you probably know over here and in many European countries that just would not occur as health care is provided by the government as part of its social policy. I know that that's no comfort to Brendann but it does make me realise how fortunate we are by comparison.
Take care of all yourselves and very much love to you all, please write back as I'd love to hear from you
Ginnym
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2001, 12:29 PM
WELCOME

WElCOME GINN, I hope you find all of the info that you need here. Please join us in the chat room at any time for pre op support and questions. the chat room is open all of the time. The times listed at the bottom of this post are the times that a hyster sister chat team member is in there to help. Marci
Unread 04-26-2001, 01:01 PM

Hello Ginnym!
Welcome aboard. Stick around a while....you'll find answers to all of your questions and then some!! Just when I think I've heard all there is, someone comes up with something new.....it's very enlightening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2001, 01:06 PM

Hi!
Glad you found us! Gee-I haven't been here that long and already feel like calling it an "us"!
This place is a lifesaver! It has been an avenue that I don't have available to me. Sister talk and suggestions, and hope...and love.
May you be as happy here as I am! Wishing you health and pain free life!
Peanut
Unread 04-26-2001, 01:30 PM

Hi and welcome Ginnym!

I'm SO glad you found us! This site REALLY helped me make decisions about my surgery, and prepare me for recovery!

My husband is English, and we usually spend a month or so there every year on holiday. We'll be there for all of June this year. I just love it over there! His parents live outside of Birmingham (Kingswinford, near Wolverhampton).

Keep reading and posting your questions here!
Unread 04-26-2001, 05:30 PM
Welcome!

So glad you found us! This is a wonderful place for information, support, and hugs!

Keep reading and posting and you'll be ready! We're all here for you!!!

Karen
Unread 04-26-2001, 05:50 PM
Welcome

Hi Ginny,
Welcome to our little part of the world. You are going to love it here. Thank you for the wonderful words that you posted in your message for me. I have some good news and you are the first one to hear it!!!! I went for my second opinion today and the new and wonderful OBGYN agreed with my OBGYN. "It's gotta go".
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hugs to you and feel free to ask any questions that you need to ask.
I also had many questions when I first came aboard. The ladies here do NOT offer medical advise and you should always listen to your doctors. What we will do here is provide you with many avenues of exploration in order for you to become more informed so that you can approach your doctor with the questions that you need to ask. (My English teacher would kick my butt for that run-on sentence). Today was a bear and I need to go share my good news with everybody else so I will talk to you later.
Welcome again. We are glad to have you!
Brenda Anne.
Unread 04-26-2001, 08:28 PM
WELCOME!

welcome to Hyster Sisters Ginny, I can't add a whole lot more to what all the other ladies have said, so i just wanted to say hi and welcome. This website literally saved my sanity before my hyst and continues to do so now. Join us in the chat room sometime, it is a great source of information and support too.

Unread 04-26-2001, 08:29 PM

Hi Ginnym I'm so happy you found us: this site is a wonderful place to find information and support. The various subjects ARE interesting.

I had to when I read the bit about the new job: I actually started a new job in November, and they knew that I would be there only for 7 weeks and then would be off for 6 weeks Thankfully, this new job was actually my old job and I didn't have much a learning curve to deal with. Just had time to get re-acquainted with the environment, get a few things moving and then was off to the castle.

Please feel free to roam the site at your convenience. The pull-down menus available at the bottom of the Hyster Sisters Home Page are really useful and the Bed-time stories are delightful

Brenda Anne: those sure are wonderful news
Unread 04-27-2001, 12:58 PM

Thank you all for your messages, it's great to know you're out there. I visited my friends at my old workplace today and told them all about you, saying how wonderful the Web is and to be in contact with people on Arizona, Texas etc. We're all the same the world over with the same problems, fears and ability to laugh
Great news about Brendaanne. I', so pleased and happy for her.
I'm afraid my new job is a major change: new firm, full time no longer part time etc. It's a great opportunity and I'm looking forward to it but the op has complicated matters for me....
Love to you all
Ginnym

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register