Holy Shakies !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Holy Shakies !!! Holy Shakies !!!

Unread 09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Could the bowel prep be more disgusting ?!?!

Oh my gosh - it was the foulest thing I have ever drank in my life. But I did it - and thank God it's over.

I had to drink it at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. , the 4 p.m. dose didn't even start working until aroud 6:30 and by then it was almost time for the next dose.

Whoever suggested getting flushable wipes is a genius . I can't imagine wiping this whole time with toilet paper. A&D ointment has helped too. I am so thankful to have read all of the advice here - it definitely made it easier.

Well, by this time tomorrow I should be a full-fledged Hyster Princess. Surgery is at 10:30 in the morning . I'm so glad I'm having it early. At first the Dr. thought it would be later in the day.
I'll just be happy when it's over.

Big s and much gratitude to all of those who have helped me and kept me in their thoughts & prayers. I would not be this brave without you all .

See you on the other side !!

Love & Hugs,
Michelle

p.s Might as well stay on here and read for a while - no chance of sleeping anytime soon. Gota love the bowel prep. LOL !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Good luck tomorrow Michelle!!! I'm sure everything will go great for you!! I'm praying that I will not have to suffer through the evil bowel prep, but I am afriad I will be facing the same fate as you in a week and a half. Take care of yourself, and let us know how you are doing once you feel strong enough.

Cheers,
Angela
Unread 09-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

For all the ladies who say

"waiting was the hardest part of this whole thing"

They obviously didn't have to do bowel prep!!!

I'm so sorry you had to drink the icky stuff....I did too, and I swear I didn't know that much "stuff" could POSSIBLY be stored in your intestines! I thought I'd be going all night.

Just think sweetie, soon enough, you will be crowned a Princess.
s
Tam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Good luck to you, Michelle! I'm going in tomorrow too. Bowel prep wasn't so bad as the Osco Magnesium Citrate was a zesty lemon flavor which I countered with a glass of ice water, drank the MC cold out of the bottle, with nose plugged and sliced lemons to suck on right after. Didn't really need to suck on the lemons, but really need to brush teeth as the lemon stuff kinda sticks to my lips and I can taste it. Beats the gallon of stuff my former boyfriend had to drink for his colonoscopy several years back. Also, I found that bowel prep is much more tolerable with a laptop computer (on a small table) and a wireless internet connection in the bathroom! I have my cell phone near in case I need to contact hubby in the living room, safely away from me. I have company, my three dogs, who always accompany me in the bathroom.

I have to take my toenail polish off and still have my lovely enema--did you have to do that too? Otherwise, my surgery is scheduled for 10:15 tomorrow morning and I'm eager to get it over with. For anyone worried about regretting a hyst, EVERY WOMAN I spoke with whether I was at the beauty shop or at work, or wherever, told me they thought it was the BEST THING they ever did and they were very happy and wondered why they took so long to do it. This is from women who kept ovaries or took out ovaries. Any complaints about menopause or HRT was not a complaint about the hyst. And all the women were very supportive.

I almost cried today at work as there were several wonderful well-wishes and hugs for me. It was really nice. I hope you, and wish everyone else undergoing this, such loving support as what I got today at work and through email from friends.

Good luck, Michelle, and other soon-to-be princesses! I'll see you on the other side!
Unread 09-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Good luck girls on tomorrows journey I will be joining you on Friday as for the bowl prep I will be doing enema only, per my Dr directions - Best Wishes

Unread 09-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Best wishes Michelle ,I'll be for
u
Unread 09-07-2004, 08:57 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Aren't you lucky, howdy! I may not be around to wish you luck on your lovely bowel prep day, so, good luck! You'll do great!
Unread 09-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Holy Shakies !!!

Hi Michelle, I'm glad you made it through the yucky bowel prep. That is awful, isn't it?

You are in my prayers. See you on the other side. S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register