Kiss these periods Goodbye | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kiss these periods Goodbye Kiss these periods Goodbye

Unread 06-20-2001, 07:45 PM
Kiss these periods Goodbye

I never thought I would be so glad to have my period. This is the LAST one! I will be having TAH/BSO due to fibroids on 7/11/01 and I am hopeful that this will be the last period of my life.

No more cramps, no more pain before during or after, no more tampons, no more pads, no more clots, no more gushing, flooding, embarassing moments, no more looking for the closest exit/bathroom, no more eating Motrin like M&M's, no more bloating, no more weight gain during "that time of the month" just when I am feeling good about getting my weight under control, no more ratty looking underwear, no more BCP to control bleeding (did it ever really work??).

It has taken me 4 years to get to this point; to morn the passing of my child bearing years. 4 years to come to terms with giving up that part of my life to enter a new phase that embraces the fact that I am getting older. But also 4 years to realize that now it is important to look at what taking care of me now is all about. Is it healthy for my body to bleed day after day. For what purpose? No purpose.

I have always put others health and well being first, now it is my turn. I want to be around to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so getting and keeping me healthy is of utmost importance.

So I can now embrace what lies ahead -- I'm fearful but very hopeful that this journey that I am about to take will lead me to a new phase of happiness and a life to be enjoyed.

I wish this for all of us who struggle with the choices we have to make.

Blessings, peace and happiness to us all! MKC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2001, 08:19 PM

MKC,

I'm going around my house tonight with the energy of a 20 year old and I know what that means. Yes - I will soon have my period. It's my pre-period energy spurt. Then the pain starts and forget about it.

I agree with you that I will be happy to have my last period ~ TAH/BSO 7/30/01. But somehow I also need to experience it again just to be sure that I really need this surgery. Why I don't know. I too have taken a long long time to decide to give it up and move on. I want a life without the constant pain of endometriosis which I have had for all my adult years.

I have finally come to the point where I realize and look forward to a new beginning. I want to do this for ME! The thought of having little to no pain from the endo is weird because I have lived with it for so long but I think it will be great. I also feel as though I owe it to my husband and family to feel good. We have a good life and I want to live more of it in good health.

Sooo ~ bravo to you and best of luck. Keep your spirits high and think of how good you will feel. It's a proven fact that optimistic patients recover faster from surgery and have a greater potential for a healthy life.

I'll be thinking of you on the 11th of July and praying for you to have a speady and uneventful recovery.

Linda
Unread 06-21-2001, 03:42 AM

Dear Mkc, I felt very much like you before my surgery. It was a hard decision for me to make. But I was ready to quit suffering and not be in pain everyday. I had tried other procedures without much relief. At 43 I had miserable periods for 32 years and enough was enough Now at 10 weeks I feel so much better than I have in a long time. I feel like I have my life back without worrying about flooding in public places Having a hysterectomy is a journey and it does change your life but for most of us it is a positive change. Good luck in your upcoming surgery. Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2001, 08:28 AM

I have to agree totally with you ladies! I just started my last monster (.) before surgery July 17th. I have to agree that I am pleased with the idea of no more......everything that it entails!!!
Linda, I also have to agree with you. I was almost looking forward to this period just to make sure---be totally positive---that I was doing the right thing. It was very unpredictable when I started, but it reared its ugly head to show me that I really was doing the right thing!!
I look forward to getting a part of my life back that I have missed for some years now. Doing something good for myself now.
Unread 06-21-2001, 08:38 AM
Hey

MKC I totally agree with you. I am also looking forward to my last period. But I have 3 more to go.Yikes! Anway take care

Cath

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register