Hyster. 9/20, Disney 10/25. Will I be okay? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyster. 9/20, Disney 10/25. Will I be okay? Hyster. 9/20, Disney 10/25. Will I be okay?

Unread 08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Re: Hyster. 9/20, Disney 10/25. Will I be okay?

Why take the chance, seriously not worth the risk, surgery is risky enough why risk having to have another one because proper healing did not take place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2011, 09:10 AM

You are right, so I think that she needs to talk to her doctor about it.
If she goes, don't do on the rides at all, or go on the gentle rides.
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM

I would go...use a scooter or wheelchair...there are plenty of shows and attractions that are smoothe...NO jerking around at all. There are great parades, etc. I can think of plenty of attractions at all the parks that I, personally, would go on and not think twice about it as they are slow moving...there are also those I would not go on, but I know them all!

When I worked there, I was in the Animation Gallery at the Studios! Loved it! That is an attraction you can check out...you can ride thru it on your scooter or wheelchair! Example: the Studios has the Great Movie ride, the Voyage of the Little Mermaid (stage show), the Beauty and the Beast stage show, Muppet Vision, etc. Of course you could not do the Backstage Tour, Tower of Terror or the Rock N Rollercoaster...but still...

Depending on the age of your kids, they might enjoy the extra attention and special entrances you get to use...you bypass the lines when you are in a chair. Don't feel bad about it either! Take advanage of what you can as you will be limited to a degree!

As always, the decision is up to you! Best wishes on everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm going. The doctor told me that with my lvh I should be fine. I'm doing the wheelchair thing to make sure I don't overdo it. I can't get a refund on my flight. The penalty for going with another flight later on is more than what each ticket costs.

I'm not a thrill ride person. I've never done any coaster, never done Test Track or Tower of Terror. The biggest thrill ride I've done at Disney is Soarin and that Tomorrowland Transit ride. I'm a content person who doesn't mind waiting for others to ride their rides. Disney has so many beautiful flowers and nice scenery for me to look at while I wait.

I'm renting a scooter even though I'm ashamed to use one. I know I have to get over it.

I've read and read about what else I might be able to do, and there is a ton. Small World, Haunted Mansion, all the great shows, I'm making a list of each park and what I'll be able to do.

Now to find a costume for the Halloween party that will look good on someone in a motorized scooter.

Oh, and if something goes wrong with my surgery, or if I don't seem to be healing right, I'll just stay home. I'm not going to force myself to go far 1800 miles away from home if something is wrong.

I hope and pray everything goes well with this surgery. I'm scared. Really scared. I've just been reading here and trying to make sure I'm prepared for what's coming.
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:04 PM

okay, your decision, hope you do not regret it. things can go wrong even 4 weeks post op, you should just post pone your surgery unless it is emergency
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM

I hope I don't regret it, either.
My surgery isn't until Sept 20. I have until the 25th of October to decide how I feel.
I have no idea what I'm in for after the hysterectomy, but if I don't feel up to going, I'll just stay home.

My doctor told me I could go back to work full time at 4 weeks knowing I work on my feet all day, and my vacation starts at exactly 5 weeks. So, we'll see.
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:23 PM

My doctor never asked me what my job is and I had a vaginal hysterectomy and he just said 8 weeks off work. I am 2 weeks post op and exhausted and weak other wise doing okay. I go to the store with someone else driving, walk very little and have to go home and nap. Just going out even for a drive in the car makes me exhausted and I had no complications, I just do not know why you are putting the stress of a vacation on yourself you will be hundreds of miles away from your home if something does go wrong while you are on vacation, why would you want to stress yourself like that when recovering is stressful enough.
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:39 PM

I know what you mean. I'm going to have a long talk with my husband about this.
The only procedure I've ever had done in my adult life was my failed ablation, so I don't know what I'm in for.

Thank you for letting me know how you feel so far. It gives me an idea of what to expect after it's done.

I think I"m going to make an appointment with the gyn. and see if I can postpone until November. Right now I'm bleeding constantly, but at least I am up and around.

ETA: I just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.
Unread 08-24-2011, 03:41 PM

well what ever you decide I wish you the best
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM

I am at 6 weeks...I would have gone at 4...reading what you like to do there and how many options there are to keep you off of your feet, I think you will be fine!

Good Luck w/your surgery! A positive attitude will always help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register