Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Unread 07-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Hi Rblueicicle80,

You could be allergic to the surgical glue. Is it red and hot? I would for sure call and let your Dr know. If it is already the weekend where you are and it gets worse maybe you should at least talk to an on call Dr or go to urgent care or ER if you think it is an allergy. It really doesn't seem like you should be having that healing itch that happen as a cut is more healed yet.

Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2017, 06:11 PM

Hi Ladies
I am new to the forum posting . I had my TAH/ BSO done 7/17/17 for severe endo, fibroids and cysts . I was kept in hospital for monitoring an extra night for low BP and increase HR. I was dc on 7/20/17 . I have been reading your posts regarding your surgeries and experience. Your posts has helped me a lot before the surgery and now. I am doing good at home now.
Unread 07-21-2017, 07:18 PM

, dear 22Michele22, Iseelmeyer,Colleeflower1 and socwrk98:

I am glad you found us. I am excited that other sisters are still posting, even months after their own surgery. Thank you also for the sisters who had their surgeries earlier this week and who are given advice and support to the "newer" sisters.

This is where we share our stories and swap tips and tricks. It's the only thing I did for days and days until I felt better: Look at Hystersisters on my phone while on the couch.

We here are all in the same boat, we are all Hyster and we rock!

22Michelle22: I am so proud of you for going through with the surgery and that you are trying to make healthy choices even though you are still so sick!

Iseelmeyer: I am glad you had such a good experience and support at home!

Colleeflower1: Glad you are doing relatively well. Watch that hormone patch (my husband and I destroyed 3 the first time, and they are expensive! I have to change mine weekly and still ask for his help)

Socwrk98: I am glad you are home. Rest up and don't forget to drink and to walk!

Please, sweet ladies, take Cavillatorium's advice to hear: DON"T overdo it! It happens to the best of us, we feel better, we do more, and then we have more than a step back. Exhaustion and pain follow and we don't want that.

Rest, rest, rest. Walk a little, drink a lot. Each day you will feel a little bit better. Or every few days. With me, it was kind of 3 steps forward and then 2 steps back. Very strange. But in the end, I was making steady progress.

Keep up the good healing work, sweeties! You are doing so great, you should be proud of yourselves!

Talk to you in the morning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2017, 09:04 PM

Hey, me again! Had my surgery yesterday. They put 300 ml in my bladder and had me try to empty it. After 4 tries I got 60 ml out and I had to have the catheter placed again. And I got sent home with it. I cried and cried about it but now I'm trying to look at the bright side: I don't have to get up to use the bathroom all night! Getting up and down is the hardest part. I get the catheter taken out Monday morning. I just have too much swelling to get the urine out. I already feel better than I did 24 hours ago even though the gas is setting in.
Unread 07-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

On July 19th I had my hysterectomy due to prolapse of the uterus, bladder and colon. Triple whammy! Lol

All went well. They put a sling in and took my uterus, cervix and fallopion tubes. The intense back pain was something I didn't expect and my doctor said it's from the position he had me in for the 5 hours I was in surgery.

Had to go home with a catheter because I have not been able to urinate on my own. I go back Monday to try again. Any tips on what I can do to help myself?

I'm so thankful to have found this group. Looking forward to us all helping each other. Hugs!
Unread 07-21-2017, 09:23 PM

Hey all. My surgery was on Wednesday the 19th. Started at 11am finished by 145pm. Abdominal hysterectomy took everything but ovaries. Uterus, cervix,tubes gone. I was very sick after and they did all to try to prevent post op nausea/vomiting bc I always end up so sick after anesthesia. I never vomited this time but I had severe bleeding during surgery. Also has a panic attack leaving recovery to room. Blood pressure skyrocketed and had to be given fentanyl and blood pressure meds through iv. I fell asleep for about 3hrs and when I woke up I demanded the catheter out and when they did that I could get up and walk. Painful mostly above incision site, Dr says bc she removed all old scar tissue from previous 2 csections. They gave me iv toradol and virsead at about 7pm and I slept a few hrs. Panicked again about 230am and they got me ccalmed down and told me to ring for nurse as soon as I was uncomfortable not when pain is so intense. I ate 1/2 turkey sandwich on wheat. Drinking water and juice constantly. Last night after they gave me sleeping cocktail with pain meds I slept 6hrs ! Was told I could go home. Left hospital at about 115pm and have been sleeping off and on all day. Was so good to see my 8yr old daughter(who is my designated helper) and my 2 yr old son who doesn't totally get why mommy can't hold him. But, I stayed in my bedroom and walked the halls around the house. Think I over walked at the hospital past 2 days bc I am SORE today. Far more sore than my 2 emergency csections. Wasn't prepared to feel this sore but I know it will pass. Best part, biopsys came back benign and all pathology reports are clear. Thank goodness!! Finally had bm today which wasn't painful but def glad I could go. Don't wanna add pain from that. Keep recovering ladies....we made it!
Unread 07-21-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogrobot View Post
Hey, me again! Had my surgery yesterday. They put 300 ml in my bladder and had me try to empty it. After 4 tries I got 60 ml out and I had to have the catheter placed again. And I got sent home with it. I cried and cried about it but now I'm trying to look at the bright side: I don't have to get up to use the bathroom all night! Getting up and down is the hardest part. I get the catheter taken out Monday morning. I just have too much swelling to get the urine out. I already feel better than I did 24 hours ago even though the gas is setting in.
Hey corndogrobot! We are in the same boat I tried everything to go so they wouldn't put it back in, but no luck. I don't even have the urge to go even though I had a full bladder.

My doc says 50% get it out the next day, 40% get it out on our Monday appts (mine is Monday too), the last 10% can take up to an additional week.

I'm staying positive too. No bathroom trips or stinging when we go!! I count that as a blessing with all this.

Let me know what happens with your son Monday.
Unread 07-22-2017, 03:05 AM
I made it through my first night!

So far so good. Minimal pain if I cough or laugh. I was so terrified of this surgery and now feel total relief to have it behind me. If everything checks out later today I can go hope.
Unread 07-22-2017, 07:11 AM

Hi all,
Had robotic assisted laproscopic procedure 7/17...ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix. I have been so thankful for this site, reading advice before hand and recovering back at home have been a life line. I wish you all peaceful and healing days full of rest and ease.

My surgery went well and went home on 7/18. Was taking Dilaudid at first and felt great, but nurse advised going off that after 2 days so I did. It was
also causing intense bathroom issues , ugh. I have been doing very little walking, just so exhausted. I did walk around the house last night and this morning and feeling throbbing at one incision site... anyone else have that?

I will try to walk a bit more, but that seems to increase my pain quite a bit and I am just taking Advil. And I have never felt so exhausted! But I hear that it might help get things moving in the bathroom department.

Anyway, very thankful to have had a great surgeon and hospital team, and my family at home is really going above and beyond. Hoping to feel more like myself soon.

Wishing you all good recovery days ahead!
Unread 07-22-2017, 07:29 AM

Hello everyone,

So far recovery has been going smoothly. I had my TLH on Tuesday, July 18th, so I am 4 days post op. I have a question on bm's. I have been having loose bm's since the day I left the hospital. It is not every hour, maybe once or twice a day, no cramps come with it, the urge just hits me and I have to go. I just want to know if this is normal. I did call my dr and they said just to watch it. I have been taking Ibruprofen 600 mg, however, last night when I was looking up the side effects it did state that it could cause diarrhea. Since I do not have my much pain, just soreness, I took my last dose of the Ibruprofen yesterday afternoon. I want to see if my bowels will change. I have been eating lite.

I just want to know if anyone is dealing with this issue? or is this normal?

Thank you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register