Gas ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Gas !

Doing pretty well after 5 days post op but the gas...!!! pain throughout your body!!! what do they put in... helium?! if I could talk funny, that might help! Anyway.... if anyone has any magic pill, secret exercises or exorcism of gas... please let me know!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Gas !

Hi,
I have seen posts recommending mint tea, I found chamomile tea helpful. Some women also said they had relief with Gas X. I tried to stay away from dairy foods until I got the initial gas and constipation under control.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Judy
Unread 02-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Gas !

Hi...I found that walking really helps. Even if you just take a walk around your living room for a few minutes every hour. I also used extra-strength GasX and they really helped.
Hope your feeling better by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Gas !

Gas X or Maalox/Mylanta and walking help. Also, I found rolling over in bed helped get things moving. Also, stool softeners help keep things moving, gas included.

Good luck farting
Unread 02-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Gas !

Walking and GasX....LOL....That was and is still one of my main problems....use stool softners and prune juice for constipation....I rejoice after BM's!!! lol
Unread 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Gas !

I agree with the above... I think my gas pains were worse that the surgical pain. I used gasx extra strength, peppermint tea, peppermint candies, stayed away from carbonated drinks, colace and walked around the house..... good luck and feel better soon.
Unread 02-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Gas !

i have horrible gas also i havnt taken anything for it i double over in pain from it and walking does not help me but makes it worse maybe i should go out sometime today and buy some gas-x
Unread 02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Gas !

gas x doesnt help me. I have a spot near rt hip that REALLY hurts sometimes. I have to try to get up and move around so it will pass. I will be glad when gas doesnt feel like razor blades!
Unread 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Gas !

i had 4 units of iv antibiotics while at the castle, i know what you mean i felt like a giant helium balloon then it dawned on me, the antibiotics had killed all - even the good bacteria in my body. i started eating yogurt and drinking milk with sweet acidophilus - gas gone!

Unread 02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Gas !

Yogurt helps this....???? who would of knew....
Making some changes here I tell yea... Been drinking peppermint tea.... helps just a lil'. Not enough though.... I could fill a helium balloon myself...laughing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register