Nausea | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Nausea

Don't know if I have seen anything here about this but I am about 3 weeks post-op and I have bouts of nausea off and on. Sometimes it gets so bad that it causes pain in my stomach and moves up to my chest. I also sometimes feel light headed and flushed. I can sometimes feel this coming on as I start to get nauseated then it feels like someone is squeezing my insides. It gets real intense then it is like it is being released. My sister termed this pain "the anaconda". Anyone else having problems with nausea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Nausea

Yes Snow Queen I am. Have had nausea on and off all day and I do not think that it is the painkillers I am still on or I would have had it all the time. I am very tired too and if I am on my feet too long I start to get hot and feel dizzy.
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Nausea

Wow, you nailed it, shantra. That is exactly how I feel too. I am soooooo tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open. Hubby said I looked terrible today and told me to go to bed. I did and slept for about 5 hours. I am still tired and am contemplating going to bed for the night. What's up with this?? This has been going on for about a week and a half or so. How long for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Nausea

Actually the nausea for a couple of days now since I got to doing a bit more. DH has gone back to asking me to get HIM coffee, that kind of thing. But tonight I was lying on the couch and he asked, I automatically said yes.. he took one look at me and said he would do it.. so I guess I don't look too good either.
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Nausea

it's not going away any time soon my friends.
I have had this since op.. i'm at 5-6wk mark.. it has started for me again since last week. I'm becoming more and more fatigued.. i feel for all the progress i had made in the last 3 weeks... i'm right back where i started. I'm obviously off pain meds now so i can't blame neausia on them anymore... eating is thelast thing i want to do.. yet everyone is making me! then i get to feel sick untill next meal.. sometimes i still get violent vomiting fits! yuck!

so.. i understand & wish i could say it will pass, but for me it's all starting again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register